Author Topic: Sunday July 26 Fraser Valley Tour!! (The Big One!)  (Read 4865 times)

Offline Sy Haw Wong

Re: Sunday July 26 Fraser Valley Tour!! (The Big One!)
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 02:53:30 pm »

P.S. - I can't believe I won a prize!  Wahoo!!

Yeah you won twice - and you nearly put the grand prize (powder coating job) back into the draw ~!! haha.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2009, 09:07:58 pm »
best FVT I have been on easily.  Lots of fun, well organized, having food at the beach was great.  Having prizes etc.

We had longer hang-out times at the stops and they were fun.

No one broke down, minimal overheating, nothing serious.

No wrong turns.

Very nicely done all who contributed.  Shiela, Jason, Sy Haw and Tony most of all, but Ryan and a few others did good stuff too :)

No one got in trouble or acted like an ass either, good to see.

I have a few nice pics, but they will have to wait for a bit to be posted.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 01:33:25 pm »
best FVT I have been on easily.  Lots of fun, well organized, having food at the beach was great.  Having prizes etc.

We had longer hang-out times at the stops and they were fun.

No one broke down, minimal overheating, nothing serious.

No wrong turns.

Very nicely done all who contributed.  Shiela, Jason, Sy Haw and Tony most of all, but Ryan and a few others did good stuff too :)

No one got in trouble or acted like an ass either, good to see.

I have a few nice pics, but they will have to wait for a bit to be posted.

Yeah.  I think the key to the success were the radios.  We had a lead, middle (me) and tail (Jason) all monitoring the whole cruise.  Whenever we saw something that can potentially throw us off we had proper communication.  It was good.  The front saw any possible upcoming traffic and police.  The middle monitored if there would be anyone lagging behind on the line from stop lights and other traffic related issues.  The rear took care of the end of the pack, and helped block traffic when we needed to pull out of the street as a group.

I also like the longer hang out/rest times.  It gave us a chance to regroup.  Especially at the Mission Cheveron where we met up with some of the people from the interior.  That was pretty cool.  So it proves that we could make a cruise successful for people in the Lower Mainland and those outside the Lower Mainland if we met at a halfway point.

I think we could consider organizing longer cruises like this, using this type of model.

I am also glad that no one acted like idiots out there.  Everyone was driving within the law, and not endangering others in traffic.