Author Topic: Few Pictures of my 2G  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Kyle Kemp

Few Pictures of my 2G
« on: July 13, 2009, 10:34:59 pm »
So i installed my flip out this week. i figured i'd take a few other pictures while i was at it. Yes i know they look bad but i guess thats one downside to a blackberry (shitty camera.)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - #1 for sound quality
-Big T28 w/ FP Manifold
-6 bolt swap
-3" Full Exhaust
-Greddy E managment
-Eprom ECU
-DSM Chip

Offline Richard Clark

Re: Few Pictures of my 2G
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:19:13 pm »
Nice man, car looks good, I think thats an Alpine isn't it?  How do you find it for reaching the knobs behind it? And did you do the ground mod so that you can watch vids while driving?

Offline Kyle Kemp

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:26:01 pm »
Yes its an alpine D106. Its perfect i can adjust it backwards or forwards and the the open close button you can push it once and screen folds down to adjust gauges and to retract screen you just hold button its pretty cool. Alpine and Pioneer decks you can put a TR7 module in and pulses the foot brake and hand brake wire to disengage the video protection.
-Big T28 w/ FP Manifold
-6 bolt swap
-3" Full Exhaust
-Greddy E managment
-Eprom ECU
-DSM Chip

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:51:53 pm »
on my panasonic I just hooked the protection cable for the vid upto a ground and it works all the time.

Offline Jesse Veitch

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:57:41 am »
I wish I could find a way to get the navi in my infinity to let me use it all the time... I fooled the e-brake switch, but damn GPS still knows when you're moving.
97 TSi AWD
92 TSi AWD 6/4 bolt - Sold

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:15:33 pm »
Nice Kyle.

What gauges  you got in there by the way?  I am sure one of them is a boost gauge.

Another suggestion that I just noticed is your front strut tower bar.  You should take some electrical tape and tape up the bar where it meets the top of the positive terminal of the battery.  Just in case it touches and cause some sparks or engine fire.  But if you have a small battery and the clearance is good, then don't worry about it.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:03:25 pm by Sy Haw Wong »

Offline Kyle Kemp

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:51:13 pm »
I wish I could find a way to get the navi in my infinity to let me use it all the time... I fooled the e-brake switch, but damn GPS still knows when you're moving.
Hey man, what kinda GPS is it?? I may be able to bypass it.

Nice Kyle.

What gauges  you got in there by the way?  I am sure one of them is a boost gauge.

Another suggestion that I just noticed is your front strut tower bar.  You should take some electrical tape and tape up the bar where it meets the top of the positive terminal of the battery.  Just in case it touches and cause some sparks or engine fire.  But if you have a small battery and the clearance is good, then don't worry about it.

Hey. I have a boost gauge, exhaust temperature, and oil temperature. I dont think its close but i have better battery terminals im putting on the car when i start my stereo wiring here in the next few days.
-Big T28 w/ FP Manifold
-6 bolt swap
-3" Full Exhaust
-Greddy E managment
-Eprom ECU
-DSM Chip

Offline Jesse Veitch

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 07:40:50 pm »
That would be great.. I'd think you'd need to do something with the software though.

It's this one:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/2-DIN/AVIC-F700BT

Edit: while finding that link I see that there's a new firmware update, and I also found a forum dedicated to these units, surely they have figured out a way... I'll have to check it out.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:08:17 pm by Jesse Veitch »
97 TSi AWD
92 TSi AWD 6/4 bolt - Sold

Offline Kyle Kemp

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 08:04:04 pm »
That would be great.. I'd think you'd need to do something with the software though.

It's this one:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/2-DIN/AVIC-F700BT

I could most likely do it no problem
-Big T28 w/ FP Manifold
-6 bolt swap
-3" Full Exhaust
-Greddy E managment
-Eprom ECU
-DSM Chip

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 05:58:53 pm »
Your strut bar is on the wrong way ;)
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 08:17:06 am »
looking good.

I will give you 2 pieces of advice, if you would like.

while the kevlar timing belt is cool, get an upper timing belt cover.  Either a stock one or a clear lexan one.  I and several other members have the clear ones and they are very nice pieces and you can still see your belt and gears easily.

And for the photos, one way to make those look better is to shoot the car in better light.  Cheaper cameras always take good pictures in nice bright light.  The thing is your shots are for the most part back lit(the bright light is in the backround of the shots)  The cameras light metering is being messed up and cannot meter properly for the shot.  Take the car outside and put it in such a way as to have the part you want to shoot well lit by natural light.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Kyle Kemp

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 12:32:42 am »
looking good.

I will give you 2 pieces of advice, if you would like.

while the kevlar timing belt is cool, get an upper timing belt cover.  Either a stock one or a clear lexan one.  I and several other members have the clear ones and they are very nice pieces and you can still see your belt and gears easily.

And for the photos, one way to make those look better is to shoot the car in better light.  Cheaper cameras always take good pictures in nice bright light.  The thing is your shots are for the most part back lit(the bright light is in the backround of the shots)  The cameras light metering is being messed up and cannot meter properly for the shot.  Take the car outside and put it in such a way as to have the part you want to shoot well lit by natural light.

Hey John thanks im really enjoying the car. RG said they had a cover but never got back to me. Where did you get your clear one? Price?

As for the camera its absolutely shit my cousin who is huge into photography said that too. My non blackberry took amazing photos, i guess blackberry is more for business use.
-Big T28 w/ FP Manifold
-6 bolt swap
-3" Full Exhaust
-Greddy E managment
-Eprom ECU
-DSM Chip

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 05:59:50 pm »
I forget the brand, but a guy on Tuners makes them.  Quality piece.  I believe they were $69 or $89 USD.

Also, yes the camera is shit, but if you properly light the subject your results will be better  :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods