Author Topic: Oil Retrun Line advice....  (Read 1676 times)

Offline John Hartman

Re: Oil Retrun Line advice....
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 07:36:28 pm »
+1 on an insert in the turbo, don't try to goop that.

And if you don't want to buy anything fancy for the return, at least use silicone hose, or oil rated hose.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 04:37:49 pm »
okay either my oem oil lines sucked? or something because there is no way in hell i call them reliable or good. they are the stupidest item designed on this car. IMOP nothing worse than puttin the gas pedel to the floor and having your car fill up with smoke. and having to pull over praying that your car isnt on fire.

mine both cracked enough to cause it to spray oil all over my 3 inch downpipe. it was frickin hell. after the 2nd cracked oem turbo return line it was time for something that wont crack or break. get one made, or buy a ss line kit. its not that much more than a NEW oem line. and then you have the piece of mind that it will last forever... NOT 75,000 MILES like it even says on the slowboy racing site lmfao

Shane you are having the worst luck with your car! The originals are not that bad especially if you leave em alone ;) j/k.
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 05:36:21 pm »
okay either my oem oil lines sucked? or something because there is no way in hell i call them reliable or good. they are the stupidest item designed on this car. IMOP nothing worse than puttin the gas pedel to the floor and having your car fill up with smoke. and having to pull over praying that your car isnt on fire.

mine both cracked enough to cause it to spray oil all over my 3 inch downpipe. it was frickin hell. after the 2nd cracked oem turbo return line it was time for something that wont crack or break. get one made, or buy a ss line kit. its not that much more than a NEW oem line. and then you have the piece of mind that it will last forever... NOT 75,000 MILES like it even says on the slowboy racing site lmfao

Shane you are having the worst luck with your car! The originals are not that bad especially if you leave em alone ;) j/k.

it will all be solved soon enough :D lol iv literally been to hell and back with my car. and now that i have a little b2200 pickup to drive everyday I can consintrate on fixing EVERYTHING wrong with my car and making sure its not done incorrectly.
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Matt Vangaalen

• VangaBuilt
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 09:47:34 pm »
I also cracked mine. Cut off the flanges drilled and tapped npt threaded barbs into each flange then surface ground back face flat. Bought oil line to fit over barbed fitting and clamped into place. Am a little concerned with oil pooling at bottom barb though.
6 bolt short block (.02 over evo9 pistons). Straight cut oil pump gears. Ported 2g head and manifolds, GSC S1 cams(adjustable gears), undercut SS valves, bronze guides, Manley springs. Fp's Big T28, stock 02 into 2.5 downpipe, 3" from the flex section back. Apex'i N1 muffler. ETS fmic. 1g bov. 1g throttle body. 255lph pump. 660cc injectors. AFPR. SD on Link V3. 345 ft lbs 345 hp.

Offline Dan Silburn

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 10:27:05 pm »
Brought back from the dead!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 07:11:00 am »
Matt make sure it can fully drain or it will back up in the turbo and cause it to smoke.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods