Author Topic: Evo 8 rims (38mm offset) 235/45/17 Toyos with slightly flaired fenders.  (Read 739 times)

Offline Jesse Veitch

Thought I'd snap some pics of the new rims.

I'm not a very good photographer.. but I tried.

Sitting on Ground Controls and Koni yellows... I may raise it 1 more turn, which is 1/8" higher.

I need to get some side skirts.. but I want something really subtle.. I think the 95-96 skirts are too much along with the door ridge... and I like the door ridge, not many keep it but I'm going to mold it in when I eventually have it painted.. works great as a door ding protector too.

Just put on this front bumper cover I got from Derek a long time ago.. it's got holes in bumper for the plate which annoys me somewhat.. but it's only temporary.. I'm going to be doing some custom fiberglass work to my original cover to open up the mouth a little more in preparation for the fmic.

Haven't decided on some center caps yet either.. I'll probably just get some stock Talon caps and paint them to match the rims.

I had to flair the fenders to fit the tires and 38mm offset.. used an eastwood fender roller front and back.

Appearance mods coming up in the near future will be the LED retrofitted tail lights.. and I have some OEM FX45 bi-xenon projectors that I'll be retrofitting into some headlights as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 05:07:21 pm by Jesse Veitch »
97 TSi AWD
92 TSi AWD 6/4 bolt - Sold

Offline Mark Guthrie

looks nice, what were u running before? why the change?
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Zach Holt

I want them in black. NOW! >:( lol nice rims
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Jesse Veitch

Old rims are here:

http://bcdsm.westcoastdsm.ca/index.php/topic,17314.0.html

After I did all that work refinishing them and went to have the rubber put on I was told one of the rims was kinda bent.. I've never hit a curb or a pothole or anything.. must have been before I owned the car.  Anyway.. I took the rim to Legune Engineering and had it straightened for $80.  Still bothered me knowing that it wasn't ever gonna be perfect though.. and then the clear coat starting cracking and flaking off the bare aluminum areas.. they still look alright, but not near as good as the pics in that post.

I don't know what to do with them now.. aluminum is worth over a $/lb so if someone doesn't want them for $150 or so then I'll just sell 'em for scrap.
97 TSi AWD

Offline Mark Guthrie

damn!! that sucks dude! if i had cash right now id take em off your hands in a heart beat!
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Zach Holt

ill take em right now 778 896 2677 just have to be the right width ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline John Hartman

If Capt'n Flakey doesn't get em, pm me.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Jesse Veitch

Sorry guys.. they're gone.. the kid next door had been thinking about it for a while.. and today he finally came and picked them up.
97 TSi AWD