Author Topic: For everyone!  (Read 1358 times)

Jamie Oswald

For everyone!
« on: August 26, 2007, 02:48:01 pm »
So after hooking up with the mazda miata club yesterday and doing a run with 6 cars me in one miata with a club member and 5 others i think this forum needs a bit of work. Tho the age group there was 30 and above me being the only youngin it was a really great drive. We did a drive that was called the Triangle Tour.

drove as far ous as Princeton it was great fun.

So we have gotta get a met goin no shittin on this thread its is for a boost to get ppl goin ahh ok yeah lets do someting show that bc dsm is more then a forum with ppl bitching.

Offline Drew Sale

For everyone!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 06:29:49 pm »
lemme know of a date/time and i'll be there. i'll switch shifts to go for a DSM drive
~Drew
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline Andrew King

For everyone!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 09:23:23 am »
if i can get my car in workin order ill be there. If thers no school of course lol :oops: P.S. why u guys never come up here towards the quesnel/pg area? theres som great driving spots :D
1992 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd- In progress

DSM, A car for the gods... Good thing i've got one!

Offline Drew Sale

For everyone!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 09:43:45 am »
if there was about 4-6 of us then i'd go for sure. we could pick up a couple of those 2-way radios and have a blast.

Offline John Hartman

For everyone!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 07:04:13 pm »
I absolutely applaud the effort Jamie.  We haven't always seen eye to eye on some things, but your continued effort to get some club drives is a real good thing.  Keep it up.

We used to do a meet nearly every month when I first started in the club. I for one miss these things, and its what makes the club a club.  That and all the generous help by lots of the members.

The problem with meets this time of year is that the weather is shitty and secondly people are starting to rip thier cars apart for winter projects.

Something that works well, is to put up a post about a meet 3 weeks in advance and have a poll on which day its gonna be(sat or sun) and what time (morning, afternoon).  Once its set(give it a week) do not change it.  People will arrange thier schedule around that meeting time and place, so once its set, if you change it you will loose tons of people.

The best meets have a place to meet at where we can frig around on the cars for a bit, take pics and then go for a cool drive, with twisties and a cool destination. Low traffic areas are best with less lights and stop lights.  This way no one gets lost.  Then go somewhere to eat something with the associated shit shooting.

Try to make the meets all over the place, within reason, so members that can't get to one because of distance will be able to make one of the others.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Drew Sale

For everyone!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 08:12:32 pm »
i would love to get together with a few people and drive up the sea-to-sky to Squamish and get some food there then take a few pics. there's great scenery around there. i can make myself available whenever i need to be.

if anyone wants to arrange this let me know.
Cheers
Drew

Offline Andrew King

For everyone!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 12:36:33 pm »
ifwhen i get my car running ill try and get a weekend drive goin near where i am so i can actuallly go  8)
1992 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd- In progress

DSM, A car for the gods... Good thing i've got one!

Jamie Oswald

For everyone!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 01:10:42 pm »
yeah i know ive been a bit of a dick and you know what some things just just dont work out how you want em.  So then i figured why bitch ill try and get this club into shape get things sorted out and sho the new ppl what bc dsm is all about. Im tryin man  and im tryin to get rid of the stupid NEG REP POINTS GRRR. So bare with me and ill try my best to get things goin.

I just wana have a funn time thats all and it seems you gotta drag everyones ass to someting....But who knows  ill keep postin and makin meets/ events ect.

Offline lyle chavez

For everyone!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 04:51:19 pm »
put up a date and we'll see. Like suggested I think squamish is a good drive.

Offline Josh Letkeman

• WANNA GO FASTER!!!
For everyone!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 10:28:52 pm »
Well if i can get my timing belt and other this done problely bent valves and the head rebuilt i'll go for it.  That would be a lot of fun.
1991 Talon AWD TSI- HKS intake, upper front strut bar,  16G turbo, upgraded fuel pump (i think), UICP (HKS), and Koni yellow adjustable skocks.- Silvery gold...ish.  (totaled dead :()