Author Topic: Targa DSM  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
Targa DSM
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 10:50:58 am »
Quote from: "Constantin Morosan"
damn if   didnt have a sun roof on my car i would get that for sure it gives such a clean unique look  :thumbs:

You can still cut a targa top in a car with a sunroof. And you can still have the sunroof work.

Offline Mike Schmid

Targa DSM
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 02:36:17 pm »
Yeah, there's no real reason you shouldn't be able to keep a factory mechanical sunroof in a targa top.  You'd have to plug the drain holes tho.  

I think the bigger issue would be getting the weather stripping, clamps and the needed sheetmetal to do a proper job of it.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
Targa DSM
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 12:59:43 pm »
dudes thats insane ! :D

so when the targa roof is on my sun roof would work ? the wiring would be kind of complex wouldn't it ?

and my car is striped down inside and out and you can see that power sunroof motor is really close to the front windshield i realy think it wouldn't not work . :(
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Mike Schmid

Targa DSM
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 06:03:01 pm »
Sorry, I forgot you have a 2G.  I default to thinking about 1Gs (90-94), plus the factory targa DSMs are 1G.  The 1Gs never had power sunroofs from factory, just the flip up or lift right out mechanical ones, they'd be no problem.  

With a 2G I don't know.  I've never seen the sunroof mechanism in one.  Anything is possible with enough fabrication tho.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
Targa DSM
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 12:05:34 pm »
The Sunroof motor is re-located and the eletrical wiring has plugs that snap back into place once the targa top is put back in. I've seen it done at BC Sunroof with a targa top with electric sunroof. Cost is approx $3000 though.

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
Targa DSM
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 05:15:44 pm »
Quote from: "Robin Toor"
The Sunroof motor is re-located and the eletrical wiring has plugs that snap back into place once the targa top is put back in. I've seen it done at BC Sunroof with a targa top with electric sunroof. Cost is approx $3000 though.

3000 $ ??? HOLY SH%T LOL ill rather put 3grand in my engine then a roof ;)
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Graeme H Burvill

Targa DSM
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2007, 07:20:58 pm »
3000 $ ??? HOLY SH%T LOL ill rather put 3grand in my engine then a roof

I agree. But i'm not balla. If I was balla then at some point i may find the urge to do that to a 1g. Otherwise i'd make the car fast first as to avoid any "ricyness".
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Nathan Craft

Targa DSM
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2007, 03:43:08 pm »
i dunno, a targa would be pretty hot. if i had three grand just laying around and my car was running... i would do it.
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion
-AWD swap in progress :D

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"