Author Topic: My DSM in the works  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Nathan Craft

My DSM in the works
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 02:44:39 pm »
thx for the input mike, i'll have to remember to print that response for a couple of my honda friends that think i went overkill.
 and actually guys there was one more gauge that was "on" the car, it was a fuel pressure gauge for when i had nitrous hooked up. the gauge sat of the hood.( if you look closely at the avitar pic you'll see it.)
but the problem was that one night i let my father test the car and he forgot to latch the hood down and next thing i know i have a gauge that got smashed against the windshield. yeah happy 16th birthbay to me (not).
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion
-AWD swap in progress :D

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline Ryan Slater

My DSM in the works
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 05:59:55 pm »
Did you happen to buy this car from Miracle auto sales in Burnaby, or maybe it was New West? Because i remember seeing a white 1g for sale with a gauge sitting outside the hood.
92 TSI AWD-

Offline Nathan Craft

My DSM in the works
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 07:58:53 pm »
ya i got it from miracle auto (bastards anyhow) the sold me the car after i took it for a test drive and everything was good, i got it loaded in the truck just outside the lot, brought it ti kelowna, got it out of the trailer, and then tried to start it. nope alternator was fried. i was suprised it made it as far as it did, i went and replaced the alternator, put a new battery in it while i was there and i haven't had a problem untill the tranny f**kin' started pissin me off.

but i think i bought the car a year and a half ago, wow it's been a while

i'm almost tempted to put another gauge to replace that one
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline Ryan Slater

My DSM in the works
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 08:03:52 pm »
I looked at the car once, but the salesperson was such a dumn ass so i ran. Its incredible to here that all you had was an alternator and tranny problem as that car could of had an endless array of problems coming from that choppy dealership.
92 TSI AWD-

Offline Nathan Craft

My DSM in the works
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 07:25:30 am »
ya i was pretty amazed too, i had heard alot of bad crap about them, but then again that was after the fact. and the guy was a dumass that's why i only payed 1k for it. sofar the best thousand dollars i've spent in one place... well around 1500 if you include repairs
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

Offline Ryan Slater

My DSM in the works
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 12:21:36 pm »
Wow a 1000 for that is a good deal. What was the deal with the nitrious? Are the lines still hooked up just with no bottle, or was it completly eliminated?
92 TSI AWD-

Offline Nathan Craft

My DSM in the works
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 01:19:55 pm »
nope it was all there everything included, i sold everything but the bottle to a kid in my school for $500 it was starting to screw up on me and it leaked so i got rid of it., the gauges were set up inproperly and wires were fried so i had to redo all that last fall and that was fun (not) o2 sensor was f**ked and the tach was royaly messed as well.

here is a bigger pic of my display:
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion