Author Topic: Anyone going to the track this friday (june 9th)  (Read 949 times)

Offline Nathan Tralenberg

Anyone going to the track this friday (june 9th)
« on: June 05, 2006, 05:28:06 pm »
Just seeing if any other DSM's are going to be down there. Being the only dsm in a sea of honduhs sucks.
991 plymouth laser(sold)
1995 eagle talon tsi - Kinetic FMIC, Garrett 50 trim, 660, AFC2, evo manifold, 3" turbo back,greddy type-s BOV, KL water injection

Offline Osme Velic

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 05:56:59 pm »
Dont forget the J-bodes (cavalier/sunfires).....LMAO....Oh how I've moved up....

I might come out, I've been wanting to take a run down the track before I leave for my trip to Europe...
04 Suzuki SV650 :)
04 Ninja 250 stolen/stripped :(
05 BMW 325i :)
96 Talon AWD TSi SADLY sold :(
97 Cavalier sold :(
86 Civic sold :)
89 Accord CRUSHED :(

Licensed Automotive refinish Technican. PM if you are in need

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:54:25 pm »
I might bring the 240 since the talon is dead
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Paul Chernoff

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 10:36:26 pm »
I should be out there, finally got my no lift to shift down, should get way better times now.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 05:11:12 pm »
for some reason, I thought this friday was the Shootout.

Might show up, might not, we shall see.

I have a feeling the car only has a few good hard launches in it, and I want to get a couple of good runs in at the shootout.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 07:56:40 pm »
I was planning on going, but just had some chick at work ask me out on friday, I am trieing to get her to go to the drags she wants movies with her friends from work. Needless to say I am going to the races and prolly towing my car to Nathens house (his is closest :wink: )

John don't worry, if you blow your clutch I will come out and help drop the tranny.

quick question if it's newb please let me know and I will post there..
Will C16 make me run richer? Cuz I know that you can run higher boost on it and that would mean you need more fuel. so do you compensate the boost with more fuel or does the c16 simply just pack that much more punch?

Sorry I am a lil confused here

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 08:40:11 pm »
it allows more boost and more timing for the same everything else

If your engine will handle more boost and timing, but knocks if you turn either up, higher octane will help it.  

You need to pull out fuel normally when you run c16 or othe race gas.

Do be warned that with c16 and other leaded fuels, your cat will not live at all and your O2 sensors will have shorter lives.

not too worried about my clutch, its my rear end, axles and driveshaft that sorta scare me...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Nathan Tralenberg

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 09:42:50 pm »
Needless to say if anyone breaks and needs a place to do a little work. My place is about 5 minutes from the track, short tow bill for sure, unless you have the bcaa gold card jazz.
991 plymouth laser(sold)
1995 eagle talon tsi - Kinetic FMIC, Garrett 50 trim, 660, AFC2, evo manifold, 3" turbo back,greddy type-s BOV, KL water injection