Author Topic: VMSC Winter AutoX!  (Read 2381 times)

Offline KevinBuckham

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 02:12:11 pm »
Quote from: "Andrew J Scott"
I think the only person I have a chance of beating is Ryan...assuming he didn't do any work over the winter as we were pretty even in the summer.

In general, Ryan would beat me when he co-drove my car.  He is probably one of the better drivers running the VMSC events.  He's at generally on par with Hamish and Garth.  With a fast car under him, he will be VERY tough to beat.

To back that up, check out any times of other drivers when Ryan drove the club car.  Except for Andy (built the club car), I don't think anyone came close.

I'm not saying that you won't beat him, or that you are not a great driver, just that you'll probably stand a roughly equal chance of beating me or perhaps Hamish. :)

He now has big brakes, and very sticky tires so this could be a very exciting year. :)  If he finds more camber, I'll have to be really on top of my game.

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 03:44:44 pm »
I didn't mean them to be fightin' words...but i guess they really came out that way.  Just sayin I beat Ryan by a good 1.5 seconds....but it was his first race in his new car...and I'm pretty sure it was stock at that point...

I have no chance of beating Hamish....never have, never will....c'mon...not even Ernie in his porche could beat him half the time.

Offline KevinBuckham

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 03:53:11 pm »

I have no chance of beating Hamish....never have, never will....c'mon...not even Ernie in his porche could beat him half the time.

Hehe.  Of course, I don't think EY's car is the problem.  There is absolutely nothing like walking away with FTD when a fully prepped race car shows up. :)  

Of course, EY's Porsche isn't ideally setup for a short, tight track.  To me, the car is too stiff, and actually overpowered.  Watching that thing rip up the track in the old style minisprints was amazing.  I'd kill it out of the corner, but it's straighline speed was immense.

Offline Ryan Hobbs

• http://www.victoriamotorsports.ca
VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 08:31:19 am »
I didn't mean them to be fightin' words...but i guess they really came out that way.  Just sayin I beat Ryan by a good 1.5 seconds....but it was his first race in his new car...and I'm pretty sure it was stock at that point...

Please pardon my memory as I am getting old....but I didn't see your times on the result sheets?  You are running a talon right and your name is Andrew Scott?  I will have to check with the time keeper as there looks to be a mistake in the sheets.  Do you know what events you ran last year?

btw. I am not challanging you at all here, but I am somewhat concerned that your times are not showing up.

ps. My first event in the Talon was the July 10th event and I only ran 3 events in the car (including that one).  I can be beat, there is no doubting that.  :)
ictoria Motor Sports Club Web & Communications Director
1991 Talon TSi AWD 5 spd Red (slow 13.1 @ 101mph with issues)
1972 Gran Torino Sport 351C

Offline KevinBuckham

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 09:07:45 am »
I have noticed that type of thing to happen from time to time.  The timers do an awesome job, but mistakes happen.

I've had mistakes that both help and hinder me.

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005, 09:46:55 am »
Your right, I don't see myself on any of the vsmc time sheets that you are on.  But I definatly remember racing in the same race as your car.  My engine rebuild started in mid june, so i guess i was in Hamish's car...I took it for a drive a few times.  Thats an unfair advantage....damn.  My bad Ryan :oops:

Offline Ryan Hobbs

• http://www.victoriamotorsports.ca
VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2005, 04:38:15 pm »
Your right, I don't see myself on any of the vsmc time sheets that you are on.  But I definatly remember racing in the same race as your car.  My engine rebuild started in mid june, so i guess i was in Hamish's car...I took it for a drive a few times.  Thats an unfair advantage....damn.  My bad Ryan :oops:

I know what it could have been, there was another red 1G that was showing up from time to time.....that could be the one.
ictoria Motor Sports Club Web & Communications Director
1991 Talon TSi AWD 5 spd Red (slow 13.1 @ 101mph with issues)
1972 Gran Torino Sport 351C

Offline Andrew Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 01:15:54 pm »
I'll be there spectating on the 22nd
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 01:51:58 pm »
Hamish says he will not make it either, but he'll be spectating and working corners.  Still waiting for Tranny parts.

Offline KevinBuckham

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2006, 10:32:59 am »
Too bad about Hamish.  He's welcome for a ride in my 2G.  THe 2.4 and front Quaife makes it interesting, but we'll see if it is sorted out or not.

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2006, 10:38:15 am »
Yeah, I offered him my ride too.  He let me drive his talon when I was doing my rebuild.  He said he might just double drive the vette too.