Author Topic: GOOP engine mount inserts  (Read 482 times)

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
GOOP engine mount inserts
« on: May 22, 2003, 11:23:56 pm »
Being the cheap and creative,  I came up with a novel solution for firming up my motor mounts.   :wink:

I do have the prothane front insert.  They are very hard urethane.

Ryan had suggested buying urethane from an industrial supply place to pour into the air spaces of the other mounts.    They wanted $100, and said the can was one-time use only...... :(

So, being a fisherman with waders, I remembered that I had bought a product called "Aquaseal", a clear urethane product for fixing neoprene waders....

I'm in the store looking for aquaseal, and I spy  "GOOP".  :rofl:

I think its polyethylene.   Anyway, its not as stiff as the prothane mounts, so I won't suffer harsh engine vibrations, and yet it is stiffer than the air thats in the gaps.   So I should have some improvement on excessive engine movement.....  2 tubes cost less than $20....  :laugh:
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 01:41:36 am »
Yeah Goop has been around for years. When I was a kid a friend of mine had shoes that were 90% Goop cause his parents wouldn't buy him new ones. :laugh:

Let us know how that works out for you Chris.

Offline Eric McIntyre

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 11:22:35 am »
sounds like a great idea....let us know the outcome
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff
.....stupid university costing so much

Anonymous

Polyurethane
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 01:11:43 pm »
I actually just did my front roll stop with urethane last week - almost completely got rid of wheel hop.... definitely worthwhile, I'll probably do the rear one next week also.  Interestingly - vibrations weren't very noticably increased at all.

Offline Kevin Seal

• http://home.comcast.net/~ozspeed/
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 08:28:41 pm »
Bulldog is another good one. Dodge boys have been using it for years with good results.
2 TSi AWD
Slick 50, tornado intake, 7" exhaust tip, chrome wheel well trim, engine grounding kit, Sparkomatic stereo system