Author Topic: 14b internal wastegate  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Jordan Gladman

14b internal wastegate
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2003, 12:42:14 pm »
Quote from: "Kimyee Lai"
Jordan,
If you really wanted to, modify your wastegate actuator arm to do just that.  Cut the arm in two, put threads on both sides of the arm and put a coupling nut in between.  Lengthen the arm...you will decrease the preload on the diaphragm and you should be able to get it down to 4-5psi.  Shorten the arm, you will increase the preload and get 8-10psi.  

Alternatively, you could just sell your car, and get an AWD TURBO DSM!  Heh heh.  Sorry, couldn't help that  :twisted:

not a bad idea.... modifying the arm that is....

i would concider getting a 2g... but jared would be too jealous

Graeme Shaw

14b internal wastegate
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2003, 04:11:47 pm »
Yeah, go ahead...get a crankwalker!  us 1Gs will be walkin' ALL over you Jordan!

Nah, stick with the turbo 'lude and ice the 5Gs on VPC :D

Offline Jordan Gladman

14b internal wastegate
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2003, 06:28:43 pm »
yeah i dont plan on selling the lude anytime soon..
 im gonna use the 14b setup for the summer/fall...

but by this time next year i wanna have a done up block and 16g powered lude...

oh yeah.. here are some embarrasing pics of my manifold... *no laughing :D  it took me 3 hours and cost me about $5..

i've done a bit more work on it since the pic... the turbo is sitting less crooked... and i've made about half the downpipe... i hope to have it running within a week...  i wanna sandblast the manifold and do a nice coating of high temp coating... then i have to machine the flange and cut slits between the primaries... then i'll hope it doesnt crack... i used mild steel so its pretty much just a matter of time

Offline Jared Clark

• http://Vancouver240.com
14b internal wastegate
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2003, 12:26:23 am »
Quote from: "Jeff Armstrong"
Can't wait to meet you Jared  :evil:

heh heh no worries man, any dsm is a worthy dsm to me 8)
ormer owner of a '93 AWD
Now: 1989 240SX, 13.5@107
        1990 240SX, 12.4@114

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
14b internal wastegate
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2003, 08:00:35 am »
Quote from: "Jordan Gladman"

oh yeah.. here are some embarrasing pics of my manifold... *no laughing :D  it took me 3 hours and cost me about $5..

Hey, you're quite the DIY'r.   I say nice work, but it ain't pretty.  But I'm sure it'll work great.

Still, I'm impressed, considering that you're a Honda owner.  *** jab to a certain 'member' who has acquired a Honda *** - you know who you are.............  :P

If that thing cracks, well,  just take another 5 minutes and put a another big blob of flux-core on. :wink:
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Offline Jordan Gladman

14b internal wastegate
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2003, 11:46:05 am »
Quote from: "Chris Andrews"
Quote from: "Jordan Gladman"

If that thing cracks, well,  just take another 5 minutes and put a another big blob of flux-core on. :wink:

you read my mind....

actually, you can buy cast steel .140 wall bend from plumbing stores that are supposed to work very well for manifolds... once i get my car up and running, ill make one of those  :D

in the mean time... ill weld any cracks that appear