Author Topic: help really bad idel and start-up  (Read 972 times)

Offline Gabriel Shim

help really bad idel and start-up
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 02:37:06 pm »
Has anyone found out why this is happening???
994 Eagle Talon ES (Extra Speed)
Boost Friendly

Offline Cameron Hatfull

• http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500504
re: idling problem
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 04:46:02 pm »
I gots the same problem, when i start my car in the morning she barely wants to start and seems to stall and shake alot. usually the engine will half catch and sputter and i have to turn her off and then start her again. I know that my isc motor is disconnnected and my mechanic set my air/fuel mixture manually so its probably off and thats whats causing her to start bad.
2 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

3 inch apexi n1 downpipe to 3 inch apexi n1 exhaust system
evo 3 16g turbo with polished ss o2 housing
turbo XS manual boost controller
K&N air filter
15 psi of boost

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 05:09:02 pm »
Just was thinking about this one and had some idea's that haven't been mentioned.

Have you checked for any DTC's that the ecu may have thrown or stored?  There could be something.  When I replaced my coolant temp sensor a while back my problems came back a couple days later. It turned out to be some "flakey" wiring/connector.  The DTC was cleared with my logger, non active, but was still stored in the ecu. I had to reset the ecu to fix the problem after rewiring the sensor harness because the logger would not clear the stored code.

Also, IIRC the speed sensor increases idle when activated. So if your cruising and check the idle speed it should be higher than normal. This is to add vacuum to assist with braking.

Offline Gabriel Shim

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 08:53:10 pm »
Just out of the blue....  Could the FPR have any effect on the idling?????  I've changed everything and still nothing.  re-flashed my ECU, and still nothing.
994 Eagle Talon ES (Extra Speed)
Boost Friendly