Author Topic: spitting oil all over the place  (Read 588 times)

Offline lance torkos

• http://imageautostyling.com
spitting oil all over the place
« on: April 25, 2005, 01:06:40 am »
tonight on my way home from work i pushed full throttle going about stupid fast  on hwy #1 to langley. When i got to the inlaws my car was smoking alittle from under the hood. When i lifted the hood the entire underhood was covered in oil.

I checked out the engine bay to find that oil is spitting out the dip stick tube.
I checked the valve cover is good no leaks and not to tight, i then checked the pcv valve and noticed that the fockin thing was tightened up way to much and the valve cover was cracked...not sure who fucked with my engine never noticed this before.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Who ever did this put gasket maker on the crack to seal it up!!! could this be my problem? any does any one have an extra cover they want to sell?

<<bcdsm mod was here>>  edited  CA
008 lancer gts
90 tsi -parts depository!!!
Ummm..I'm lovin it!

Offline Clayton Ulmer

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 01:11:19 am »
I dont know how to fix any of your problems, but going 250km/hr could become a problem real quick. :!:
arting out Car, check the parts store for parts and prices!

Offline Wayne Wright

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 01:24:13 am »
No fucking shit man, Save that kind of shit for the track.  :roll:

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 09:02:36 am »
1. Driving WOT for extended periods on pump gas in a modded DSM, you're lucky you still have a motor and not just major blowby problems.

2. Doing so at 250kmh you're lucky you didn't die and/or kill someone else.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Ryan Lore

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 09:41:53 am »
to answer your question

BLOWBY. Excessive crankcase pressure pops your dipstick and blows oil all over the hood.

It would be very difficult for the cracked PCV hole to spray oil because it's above the baffle in the valve cover.

The cheap and easy fix is to weld a 1" plus size vent hole on the valve cover and run it to a catch can

The slightly more expensive fix is a motor rebuild

Offline Ryan Coft

• Administrator
  • Retired!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 10:38:54 am »
My suggestions:

1 - PLEASE for gods sake blow your motor up. I hope to god it dies on you. Driving at 250km/hr (if your actually telling the truth about it) is absolutely stupid. Not having a motor will put an end to that. This will solve MY problem i have with you.

2 - Mix up a large batch of JB Weld (1L or more) and put it in with your oil. It'll add some thickness to your oil, stopping it from spraying all over the underside of your hood. Once again.. this will solve MY problem.

3 - Rebuild your motor and get a good understanding of how shit works, and in the process hopefully gain a bit of maturity to understand that you'll never bag on something you really love that badly. This will solve YOUR problem.. hopefully permanently.

Go drive on another road other than the one i drive on thanks...

P.S. Dont actually put JB weld in your engine.... only Robin can do that

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 10:52:11 am »
Quote from: "Ryan Coft"
My suggestions:

1 - PLEASE for gods sake blow your motor up. I hope to god it dies on you. Driving at 250km/hr (if your actually telling the truth about it) is absolutely stupid. Not having a motor will put an end to that. This will solve MY problem i have with you.

2 - Mix up a large batch of JB Weld (1L or more) and put it in with your oil. It'll add some thickness to your oil, stopping it from spraying all over the underside of your hood. Once again.. this will solve MY problem.

3 - Rebuild your motor and get a good understanding of how shit works, and in the process hopefully gain a bit of maturity to understand that you'll never bag on something you really love that badly. This will solve YOUR problem.. hopefully permanently.

Go drive on another road other than the one i drive on thanks...

P.S. Dont actually put JB weld in your engine.... only Robin can do that

1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline lance torkos

• http://imageautostyling.com
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 12:00:04 pm »
hey wait a minute there wasn't anyone on that stretch of hwy #1 and i don't normally speed like that but i couldn't resist the open road.  i would never speed like that if there was any chance that another car was around

BTW IT DOES TAKE ME LONG TO GET TO THAT SPEED 100-220KMS IN ONLY A MATTER OF SECONDS  SO IT WAS'NT FOR A BIG STRETCH ONLY BETWEEN EXITS

SO I APPOLOGIZE FOR PISSING ANYONE OFF, I'VE BEEN HIT BY A FOCKER DRIVING THAT KIND OF SPEED ON KINGSWAY SO I UNDERSTAND YOUR ANGER.

AGAIN IT WAS ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME AND I COULD SEE THE NEXT EXIT NO ONE WAS AROUND AND I LET IT RIP!!

SPEED HAS ITS PLACE AND TIME I AGREE, LIKE ON THE TRACK.
MAYBE THE OPEN ROAD WAS'NT SUCH A GOOD PLACE AND I WILL THINK OF YOU GUYS THE NEXT TIME THERE IS AN OPEN ROAD!!
008 lancer gts
90 tsi -parts depository!!!
Ummm..I'm lovin it!

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 12:22:16 pm »
You're first post reminded me of office space:

Now the funeral is over
And all the tears are dried up
Niggas hangin deep on the cut gettin fired up
Lookin for the nigga who pulled his pistol on my homie
An eye for an eye so now your life is what you owe me
Look deep into the eyes of your motherfucking killa
I want you to witness your motherfucking murda nigga
And since you wants to kill then your ass has gots to fry
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 12:30:26 pm »
Also, I think I'm going to watch "Meet the fockers" tonight.  I HEAR ITS OUT ON DVD.

And when your car is on the news smashed up with a schoolbus of dead kids rolled over in the ditch, there better not be bcdsm stickers on it.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 12:44:02 pm »
I'm locking this down.  Too much stupidity, f words, and precious little else...

Use all caps again and face the consequences.... :evil:
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8