Author Topic: No Oil Pressure??  (Read 414 times)

Offline Peter Dolecki

No Oil Pressure??
« on: January 20, 2005, 04:45:53 pm »
OK, let me start off by saying that I don't want to sound like a dumb ass!
Now, my oil pressure guage is showing almost no oil pressure. I know it could be the guage, but I have lots of oil and I think it may be the oil pump.?  My question is how hard is it to change and how do I check to make sure thats the problem.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."

'92 TSi - SOLD
'95 ESi - SOLD

Offline Scott Girvin

No Oil Pressure??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 04:52:33 pm »
first thing to check would be that the connector on your oil pressure sending unit hasnt fallen off. It's located on you oil filter housing.  Even if it is connected take it off and clean both the sending unit connection and connector to make sure. A faulty connection or lose wire on the sending unit is quite common apparently.

hope that helps

Offline Peter Dolecki

No Oil Pressure??
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 05:43:24 pm »
Scott,  THANK YOU!  Yes, it was that easy.  Turns out you were right.  Bad connection at the sensor.  Ahhh, I feel much better now. :D

'92 TSi - SOLD
'95 ESi - SOLD

Offline Scott Girvin

No Oil Pressure??
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 05:44:59 pm »
glad to be of help

Danny Bouliane

No Oil Pressure??
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 04:11:31 pm »
the same thing happened to me this winter, as i got some snow built up on the pressure sending unit wire, it came loose and the gauge read nothing, was kinda disturbing.. but wiggled the wire around and poof the gauge went back up

Offline Peter Dolecki

No Oil Pressure??
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 08:38:37 pm »
Feels good to find the problem and it not costing any money to fix it.  AND a big relief knowing its nothing serious. :P

'92 TSi - SOLD
'95 ESi - SOLD

Corey Shaw

same deal
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 02:56:09 pm »
ok my pressure guage just dropped one day.. i checked on the filter housing.. .i discvered one yellow wire.. attatched to the sender and a blue wire.. attached to nothing. There is the other end that fits to a nipple on the alternator..

i took the yellow wire off and put the blue one on.. my pressure guage moved for a bit then 0 again... so i put the yellow one back on and still nothing..

anyone know what the deal is