Author Topic: More pictures of my Eclipse.  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Ricky Lim

More pictures of my Eclipse.
« on: January 12, 2005, 07:35:34 pm »
I noticed that we don't get that many new posts in the Picture Gallery. Is it because it is Winter and all the Clipses out there are dirty and peopel don't wana wash and take pics of them? Well I'm gonna make use of this part of the forum and show some pictures. I'm just getting into Photography as well so I'm trying to get unique angles of cars.  Comments are welcome.  Thanks!!  PS: I also encourage everyone to show off their Eclipses as well.

Offline Mark Gibbons

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 07:58:51 pm »
Great looking car Ricky, i wish my cars paint looked that fresh!! looks like its fresh out of the factory!
And yes, i am way too lazy to wash my car every single time it leaves the driveway!! DAMN BC WEATHER!!! :P
ixon is her name... One sexy body with all the right curves!!!

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 08:35:30 pm »
Looks like that W 1st location's done someone else some good!

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 09:02:10 pm »
Damn your paint is blinging!

Put some tire shine on and the first picture would look like an ad in a magazine.

Offline Ernie Turner

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 02:00:34 am »
That car is hot!  I'm sure u hear this all the time, but drop that bitch a bit and it'll be stunning!  Really nice.
3 Subaru Impreza WRX - Rally Blue
91 Eagle Talon TSi FWD - Traded in.
14.1@101mph.

Offline Jess Atendido

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 02:26:49 pm »
Damn!very nice looking car, one of the cleanest stock looking eclipse ever, maybe we should have a photoshoot off...u have some photo taking skills!...mind taking pics of my car once it's back in action? :D
and a t25 will say, in a wee girlie voice "I am too small, please put me on a D16"

08 Infiniti G35S - current/weekend
96 Civic Si - current/daily
96 Civic EX - Sold
97 Acura EL - Written Off
98 Civic B16a - Sold
96 Civic EX - Sold
98 Jetta VR6 - Sold
02 WRX - Sold
99 Jetta VR6 - Sold
99 Eclipse

Offline Ricky Lim

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 05:05:31 pm »
Thanks guys for the comments! Well don't feel bad about being lazy and not washing your car.  I still have my first car syndrome. I always want this beautiful ride clean and purty. I'm sure a lot of people don't wash their car in the winter since it is so cold. I will try my hardest to keep  my syndrome and take care of this car whenever I can. I love it very much. It hurts me to have this car sit outside in the cold subzero temps. I need to get those carport tents as soon as they released them for spring.

Yeah the paint is still pretty damn good. I washed it with Meguiar carwash, Just imagine if I waxded it also??   :shock:

I saw a lot of people using the W 1 location and it looks like a great background to takes pics. I need to find another one though.  Maybe a warehouse setting?  That would be look real good

I'm going to get meguiar tire spray soon. I'm looking to buy it with other product in a car care kit.

It looks pretty good on this height but it will look even more aggressive with it being lowered.  But I'm really worried about scrapin the bumpers or sides and I dont have that much money to spare right now.  Where do you think I can get it lowered for the cheapest price on labour?  And what springs do you recommend?

Jess I wouldn't mind taking pics of yo car if I have some time. Photoshoot off aint a bad idea. We can get every member to enter. Great way to see everyone's rides.

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 05:13:27 pm »
If you're going to lower the car and are concerned about damaging things by driving around lowered, and don't have that much money ...

DON'T DO IT YET

Save up, get a proper suspension setup.  It'll cost more, but think about it this way - you could take short-cuts to save yourself some $ in the short term and pay more in the long term; or save up and spend more upfront - you'll be glad you did.
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Ricky Lim

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 05:47:14 pm »
But if I spend more money it will still be lowered and have a chance to hit speed bumps or curbs?  The reason why you want me to spend more $$ is for adjustable springs or what reason?

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 05:49:37 pm »
You want to spend more money on quality products.  I may replace my springs, but they will be OE replacements until I can afford my brand new TEIN suspension (that Lowell talked me in to, DAMN HIM--though he did talk me out of the interior adjuster :D).  Is Tein expensive?  Yes.  Is it everything I've ever wanted?  Yes.  Can I change my settings from street-driving to auto-x to dragging?  Yes.  [Once I get my car running, y'know].  Look for what you want, THEN spend the money.

Offline Kimyee Lai

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 06:17:34 pm »
Because there's a lot more reasons to "drop" a car than just for looks.  If you put lowering spring with higher spring rates on the stock shocks, they won't be matches and chances are you'll get a hard bumpy ride and blown shocks a little while down the road.  Depending on how much performance you want to get, you might want to consider full coilovers, although something like the illumina kit is certainly no slouch.  Do a little research, and spend money wisely.  

Remember, form follows function :).  Stray from that path and you're liable to become a ricer.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 10:32:52 pm »
very, very nice.  Excellent compositions and quality shots.  Well done.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005, 03:53:02 am »
If you lower with stiffer springs, rather than just cutting the stock springs, you won't bounce when you go over speed bumps, which would cause most of your scraping.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Ravi Gill

night shots are hot
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 02:21:34 pm »
really nice pics, the paint is so good.  You are forcing me to go wash my car.
9 Eclipse GS