Author Topic: sparkplugs  (Read 500 times)

Dennis Chan

sparkplugs
« on: January 19, 2005, 07:33:39 pm »
check my sparkplugs and the tips r really black, theres no crap on it.. its just the color is black. I checked the net and it says something burning too much fuel.. how can i fix this problem.

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
Re: sparkplugs
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 08:18:31 pm »
Quote from: "Dennis Chan"
check my sparkplugs and the tips r really black, theres no crap on it.. its just the color is black. I checked the net and it says something burning too much fuel.. how can i fix this problem.

Running to rich, what mods do you have?

If you have an AFC then lean it out, if you don't, then get an AFC and lean it out.

If you're car is stock, then it sounds like your ECU is sending your motor to much fuel. Might have to get it replaced.

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

sparkplugs
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 08:24:59 pm »
Jeez, nice answer Robin :roll:

If it's running too rich, you can always remove your honeycombs or back the screw out on your MAF
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Graeme Shaw

sparkplugs
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 09:19:34 pm »
2G!!!

DO NOT REMOVE ANY HONEYCOMBS.  THIS WILL MASSIVELY FUCK THINGS UP.  HONEYCOMB REMOVAL IS ONLY FOR 1G.

Though Jovan'd be right if you had a 1G, Dennis.

Offline Kimyee Lai

sparkplugs
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 09:22:01 pm »
No, you just can't remove the honeycomb from the center section.  Bottom is fine, I wouldn't touch the side ones, and definately do not touch the center section.

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

sparkplugs
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 09:40:43 pm »
He's not a 1g?  Meh, doesn't matter, you can still remove the lower one and not the side or top ones as Kimyee pointed out.  Either way, backing out the screw should do the trick as well.  Graeme, I strongly recommend decaf from now on.
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Scott Girvin

sparkplugs
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 09:49:54 pm »
boost leaks maybe? come on guys the easy stuff first

Graeme Shaw

sparkplugs
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 10:24:57 pm »
Quote from: "Jovan Ceklaj"
He's not a 1g?  Meh, doesn't matter, you can still remove the lower one and not the side or top ones as Kimyee pointed out.  Either way, backing out the screw should do the trick as well.  Graeme, I strongly recommend decaf from now on.

Decaf coke tastes disgusting.

Offline Andrew Scott

sparkplugs
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 03:12:30 am »
Cafeen free diet coke - tastes like tonic water.

SEARCH for "running rich" please.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Jason Borton

sparkplugs
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 02:38:17 pm »
it could be alot of things such as O2 sensors, maf sensors, fuel pressure regulator, tps, etc.... i would take it to a dealer and get them to check it on a osiloscope (spelling) to pin-point the actual cause, rather that trying to compensate for it.
07 Tacoma