Author Topic: Talon Running LEAN  (Read 1025 times)

Offline DarrylDhaliwal

Talon Running LEAN
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2005, 01:29:35 am »
so here is the scoop (man how many times have i said that) The great martin checked out my car (thanx man) and my ecu is good. I am going to put new injectors in when i get them off RICHARD NAZAR (if he sells them to me) and that will tell me if my injectors r screwed. I rewired my vacume lines, my car idles better but still has no power. Hopfully those injector fix my problem. I am going to check my timming tommorrow depending on the weather. If that don't work "I'LL BE BACK"
BlackBerry PIN:3066A9D2
1995 Bmw 325
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
2000 Mustang Roush Stage 3
1997 Ford F-150 5.4L
4 N/A Talons
2 FWD TSI Talons
2 AWD TSI Talons
Tons Of Other Cars  (33 To Date)

Offline Ryan Lore

Talon Running LEAN
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2005, 11:37:06 am »
Darryl,

You are going to spend a lot of money changing things until your car is "fixed"

Has the pressure been checked @10psi when the car falls on it's face?

There are so many things to look at.....

Timing isn't going to affect how "lean" your car runs, although checking it will be  a good thing.

Things I would  consider when it comes to the fuel system:
Filter
Pump checking Volume and pressure
injectors
regulator

Which leads me back to the diagnosis, I'm pretty sure most cars will increase idle speed when you inject propane into the system, running good or not.

Maybe your car runs bad because the headgasket is gone, maybe your car runs out of steam because your turbo is shot.

There's too many things to consider, but you need to invest in a good quality manual and do some trouble shooting as it recommends.

I'd tell you to search online, but there's way too much voodoo fixes out  there. "I fixed my power windows and now I get 500miles/tank."

Buy the injectors, so that they can be used as an upgrade. I'd guess 1 in 3 chance that they fix your problem. Not to mention a stock pump won't fully deliver enough to 550's anyway.

Good luck