Author Topic: injector problems  (Read 1045 times)

daniel_doluntap

injector problems
« on: December 08, 2004, 11:53:34 pm »
just a question what are the tall tale signs of faulty injectors

here is the story my buddy has an eclipse with bigger injectors , fuel pump. turbo... and so on mine is pretty much stock

he needed to run stock injectors to pass air care so i let him take them out and use them is there any problems i should be looking for

because know i spit out a wet dark brown, smelly shit out of my exhaust when i rev it.. just noticed it today in the garage.. is this normal it never happend before also when i start it know first it doesn start almost starts then kinday stalls then it starts fine.  

whats up

some please help i think i made the mistake of letting him take it our someone prove me wrong

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
injector problems
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 02:48:48 am »
Kind of confusing.  So you lent your stock injectors to a friend, who apparently is using bigger injectors along with other things but no form of fuel control to correct for these injectors?  And you put his bigger injectors in your car without correction and it doesn't run right?
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

daniel_doluntap

injector problems
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 08:20:13 am »
no martin i just let him borrow my stock injectors because i didnt need my car for the weekend. i didnt use his he just put my stock ones back but know i think he my have wrecked them, but i really dont know??

Graeme Shaw

injector problems
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 09:52:14 am »
3G lifters are the ones that cure lifter tick.  2G lifters still have enough of a similar design that they're prone to it too.

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
injector problems
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 11:20:58 am »
Quote from: "Graeme Shaw"
3G lifters are the ones that cure lifter tick.

That's not a guarenteed fix - I know guys who have bought the 3G lifters and still get lifter tick.
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

daniel_doluntap

injector problems
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 12:06:18 pm »
i dont know what you guys are talking about

i need to know a problems of someone useing my stock injectors on a done out car with bigger turbo and bigger fuel pump...

he put my stock injectors back i need too know the problems i might see if something goes wrong "tall tale signs" of bad injectors

Offline Ryan Coft

• Administrator
  • Retired!
injector problems
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 01:00:03 pm »
daniel, take your injectors out and go down to NW Fuel Injection (or any other place that can test injectors) and they'll test them

that'll tell you straight up if the injectors are bad or not

Offline Ryan Lore

injector problems
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 02:25:27 pm »
most places charge 100.00 for that service

NW included.

Offline Kimyee Lai

injector problems
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 03:50:04 pm »
Also make sure your injectors are seated properly on the head.  Pressurize the intake and look for leaks.

Offline John Hartman

injector problems
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 06:09:15 pm »
yep, I agree with Kimyee.  I betcha you just missinstalled one or more of the seals.  Sounds like a vac leak with the almost stalling.

Hell, go get some new ones, they arent much and they help alot if you have the old stockers in place still.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Kimyee Lai

injector problems
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 12:01:48 am »
You need to get all new insulators and orings whenever you install/reinstall your injectors.  Get it from a fuel injection place...it's $10 well spent.