Author Topic: anyone know lots of stuff about sound systems?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Leon Hui

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2004, 02:56:46 pm »
Don't all decks have separate front and rear / left and right outputs??

70W x 4!! powerful!
Got BoOsT?

Offline Ritchie Hui

anyone know lots of stuff about sound systems?
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 03:24:31 pm »
its rare to see a 2ohm setup... anyone running one?
Jackstand Racing now promoted to Garage Queen

Offline Marty van den Bosch

• http://martyvandenbosch.fotopic.net/
Re: x 4
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 04:12:54 pm »
Quote from: "Leon Hui"
Don't all decks have separate front and rear / left and right outputs??

No, but it is most common to have 4 channels (not necessarily 4 high power)  Keep in mind deck power is more like 4 x 17 at the best of times, they play with the numbers.

Quote from: "Richi Hui"
It's rare to see a 2 Ohm setup...anyone got one?

I run my Crunch Drive Amp in Stereo 2Ohm > 2 channels divided amongst 4 4Ohm speakers. > This AMP is stable to 1ohm too.

I run my 550x Fosgate 4 channel amp with 2 Channels at 2 Ohms to 4 front speakers and the other 2 channels bridged mono to 2 Subs.   :D
991 Plymouth Laser FWD
12.0 @ 121.7mph

Offline Derek Fung

• STOP ASKING ME IF ITS TURBO!! YOU CAN HEAR IT!!!!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 08:43:04 pm »
nope, i'm not running 2 ohm on my system, but on the sub i am.

if your speakers are power hungry, watch out on a 2ohm system, i'm sure it will get hot pretty damn fast. i know most rf amps  tend to get pretty hot fast , can probably cook an egg on them. *sizzle sizzle*
2.3l fully built stroker. gt35r powered
12.126 @ 121.03

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2004, 09:59:17 pm »
I have an amp stable at .5 ohms a channel. It's an Orion 150r 4 channel amp...but you have to load the shit out of it to actually make it be a powerhouse. I have one 15 inch Rockford HX2 with it right now. Not pushing anything close to what it could tho.

But I'm looking for a 15" Orion XTR Pro if anyone knows of one.
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Eric McIntyre

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004, 10:31:24 pm »
speaker enclosures make a huge difference... especially for low frequencies! some subs perform better in a sealed enclosurea dn some perform better in a ported box. any sub can go in any enclosure, but it wont sound its best unless you design the box for the sub!
i cant remeber any of the sites right now, but there a few good ones with equations on how to get the right volume, wether or not it should be in a sealed or ported box, and if it is a ported box getting the right length ports, all based on the theile-small parameters. its alot of basic physics with waves and damping and standing waves etc.
even door speakers can be improved by sealing them off from the free air position of the stock speakers.
if you want boom go with subs, if you want claritythen get a nice component set up front and save up for subs! and dont cheap out on a deck because it is the heart of your system! any impurity that it introduces will only be exagerated by the rest of the system.
good luck and i'll try and find one of those sites.
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff
.....stupid university costing so much

Offline mike griffin

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2004, 12:09:54 am »
its called winisd.

http://www.linearteam.dk/
why does your car sneeze when you shift?"

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

lotsa mods

Dan Powers

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2004, 11:20:29 pm »
legacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Marty van den Bosch

• http://martyvandenbosch.fotopic.net/
991 Plymouth Laser FWD
12.0 @ 121.7mph

Offline Richard Nazar

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 01:19:51 am »
Too bad you didn't go with the Alpine stuff. I have Apline head unit, subs and amp and it sounds better than my old RF stuff.

Dennis Chan

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 06:28:37 pm »
My final system is AMP (Rockford P3002 - 2 channel/bridgable to 300@4ohms) , Subs (2 Type S Alpine), 2 door speakers (Alpine Type S), Deck ( Panasonic - 45w x4, 5V preamp), Mini Amp for speakers (150W kenwood),Stinger 4 gauge wires, Dual ported box

Any one know a good place and check to install all of that? I went to future shop for a quote and some guy said 250?!

Offline mike griffin

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 06:32:28 pm »
thats about right. im not sure how much futureshop charges per hour, but car tunes charges $50/h. thats about a 5 hour job too. ask around.
why does your car sneeze when you shift?"

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

lotsa mods

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2004, 06:48:10 pm »
When you think about it $50 an hour is not bad at all neither is 250 they have to have all the supplies, they have to deal with problems with the install might have, they have to pay for the supplies and employees and space, as much as we all like getting labour for next too nothing, you can't do that if you want any kind of support afterwards, etc.  In some ways I'd like to offer cheap services for things like timing belt replacements, and various other things that are in some kind of demand but I do not want to charge too little because what if I mess up an install, or more likely, something goes wrong in the car, 10K kms from now the timing belt jumps or something.  People are going to come back, and want their money back, and/or what what it costs to fix it all, which is a lot more than the money you make on even a few installs, so all in all it's not worth it.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2004, 06:49:53 pm »
Depends on who you get and how important it is--I paid not too much (relatively) for my stereo install, and it's SUPER clean (so far).  I think it was (is) worth the cash, but something like a T-belt...I wouldn't cheap out on.