Author Topic: HELP: Oil Pressure Gauge not working  (Read 980 times)

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
HELP: Oil Pressure Gauge not working
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004, 02:19:23 pm »
Quote from: "Tim Smith"
all my wires under neath are secured as far as i can see, still there is no pressure ont he gauge, AND another porblem, oil is all ove rhte ground whenever i park in my garage @ night. i replaced all the valve cover gaskets oil cap gaskets everything, still leaks on the ground. anyone have any suggestions?

Front seals.  The camshaft oil seals are my arch enemies.  I think I have defeated them finally though after round 3, only to have the power steering connection start up.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Tim Smith

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2004, 02:43:24 pm »
yea that could probably be it, cuz oil's just all over the place, its hideous but it'll get fixed in a couple days. thanks

Tim Smith

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2004, 02:44:24 pm »
oops

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2004, 04:28:09 pm »
front oil seal replacements I don't think will be cheap if you are not doing them yourselves.  The 5 seals I replaced came to a total of about $20-25 in parts, but will cost several hundred in labour I believe.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Tim Smith

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 06:03:46 pm »
...crap, how do i find out for sure that this is what's causing my car to leak oil.? there is another factor here... the valve cover gasket was leaking like hell, and i fixed that, then there was a crack which leaked more and more, then i fixed that, and by that time my engine had close to no oil at all. so i filled it. could the oil leaking on the ground be from the first batch of oil, still making its way down?