Author Topic: Sun, Sept 26th Autocross at BB  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Matt Demick

Sun, Sept 26th Autocross at BB
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2004, 04:37:24 pm »
Good day for auto X. Well it was nice and foggy for An's first runs but nice for Martin's and I's. I had truble getting down the course on the first heat but some help from Martin had me doing a clean run or 2.

I had the fastest time of the day a  44.245 !!

To bad it was a DNF lol

My best was a 67.5 for the day.  Martin was in my class and he cleaned up against those wrx's. Hella good driver.

Overall a fun day, i wasn't lookin to win but to just have fun , wich i did
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2004, 11:30:18 pm »
Damnit, I was kicking my own ass for missing this one.  Ah well, Congrats to the both of you.  Matt, You now have the bug :twisted:
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2004, 12:11:43 am »
Thanks, it was a good time.  A pretty confusing course compared to others I have done before.  Sucked that I couldn't boost past 10psi for reasons of yet are unknown, but at least I did pretty good with my all seasons against those scubie r compounders.  8)   You should keep coming out one you start making consistent times it gets a lot better I didn't really get the hang of it until my 3rd time out and this is only my 4th.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Martin Raska

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2004, 12:20:07 am »
Jovan as I already mentioned second place was and will be wide open for you to jump in.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2004, 12:41:49 am »
Quote from: "Martin Raska"
Jovan as I already mentioned second place was and will be wide open for you to jump in.

Ouch.  Rather than str8 E-thug, I'm going to let my car do my talking.  Too bad my talking as of right now is "passing aircare is for suckers!" :cry:

Gimme a month until the next autocross, I'll be there :wink:

Offline Martin Raska

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2004, 12:48:34 am »
I've already got excuses lined up for when your car actually starts talking.

Offline Paul Chernoff

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004, 07:21:45 am »
Do alot of new people show up to race? I'd hate to be the only new guy that doesnt know what the hell he's doin out there

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2004, 09:31:57 am »
Quote from: "Paul Chernoff"
Do alot of new people show up to race? I'd hate to be the only new guy that doesnt know what the hell he's doin out there

The slush series is usually when a lot of newer guys start autocrossing so there are plenty of stupid mistakes made by a lot of people.  If you want to, you can come watch the first time to get an idea of how it works and ride shotgun with me during my runs :)

Offline Martin Raska

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2004, 11:53:04 am »
Like jovan said there are lots, and you have to start somewhere, you just don't want to look at the top times set by freak civics and golfs they've been doing it for years at every event with perfectly set up cars for it.  The fast cars are the same cars or drivers I saw when I went there to watch with my dad in grade 8 or something.  It's a good time pretty much anybody will let you ride along in the car and the experienced ones will gladly ride along in yours.  Yesterday only 32 outta 64 cars did not dnf.  And dnf isn't just messing up a little and hitting a cone it's making your own course.