Author Topic: MBC install Q  (Read 456 times)

Offline Trevor Engelsmeier

MBC install Q
« on: April 25, 2004, 11:24:15 pm »
i'm using the BOV line from the intake as a source for my MBC, and then run it from that to the wastegate.  now that i have a MBC, i can chuck the BCS stuff, but , what do i use to plug where the BCS hooked on to the turbo outlet pipe??  

thanx guys.

trev
o more DSM, 1990 JDM MR2 GT - Turbo (T-Top) on the way

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
MBC install Q
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 12:03:43 am »
Bubble gum will work.  And don't you mean on the inlet pipe?

The boost controller should be modifying the signal from the hot side of the turbo, and feeding the modified signal to the wastegate actuator.

Edit: Ok I just read your post again and your using the bov as your line.  Then what are you using for the bov?  Deciding to not use a bov anymore?  Don't you think it's easiest to use the turbo outlet pipe to the MBC and then the MBC to the wastegate actuator?  Case closed?

I must be missing something.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Vlad Busta

• http://www.members.tripod.com/Busta-bc
MBC install Q
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 07:50:11 am »
Just use a piece of vacuum tubing with a screw stick in one end.  Use some silicone on the screw just for good measure.

Later, Vlad.
all go, no show!

Offline John Hartman

MBC install Q
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 05:37:37 pm »
you can get nipples at parts stores tho, if you don't like the ghetto look :)

put a zip tie on it tho, as its under pressure
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Trevor Engelsmeier

MBC install Q
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 09:52:01 pm »
is it to thin to cut off the niple and weld the hole shut??

just to clear things up, i am still using a BOV, but i am T-ing my MBC from the vacuum line to the BOV and then to the MBC, then the wastegate.  i figure this is the better way becuase u are controlling the boost in the intake, not what is coming out of the turbo.  they can be different due to temp, outside pressure, leaks ect.

thanx

trev
o more DSM, 1990 JDM MR2 GT - Turbo (T-Top) on the way

Offline John Hartman

MBC install Q
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 10:05:14 pm »
you sure can cut/weld that, just do it neatly and make sure you don't have any leaks.

Also make sure you don't restrict that passage any more, its already kinda tiny there with the crushed bend.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods