Author Topic: Questions on Painting emblems and painting calipers.  (Read 325 times)

Offline Matt Feist

Questions on Painting emblems and painting calipers.
« on: January 23, 2004, 10:11:55 pm »
Hi thanks for reading this. Recently I got into a car accident and I had to have work on the rear end of my car. I have the emblems and have not yet put them on the car, I would like to paint them red before I apply them. Has anyone painted them before and had it come out nice? What paint did you use? Did you layer it or use any kind or a clear coat, any information would be appreciated. While I already have your ear do you know of a good paint for the stock 2g calipers, there a little bit rusty so if you have a link on how to clean them up or just how to paint them properly I would be appreciative. Thanks guys.
97 AWD TSi Talon,  Gun Metal.

Offline Clayton Ulmer

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 10:17:26 pm »
You can buy that paint that is actually for your calipers.  You can get it at places like overdrive, or any ricer shops.  It works good and comes with a cleaning spray which also works good.  The stuff is kind of pricey for what it is.  

Just a tip if you do buy it.   Dont mix all the hardening agent with the paint at the same time.  To do all four calipers only takes less than half a can.  If you mix it all, the stuff goes rock hard in a matter of days and then is useless.

I dont know about the emblems though.
arting out Car, check the parts store for parts and prices!

Offline Zak Mach

• http://www.imvasian.com
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 02:49:23 am »
you can paint the emblems with any plastc paint.. just put alot of layers & alot of clearcoat.. thats what i did.. going strong for about 2 years now no scratches

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 04:35:40 pm »
I used the Folia Tech caliper kit. I works awesome!! After a year it still looks like new.