Author Topic: So my mom's finally found a Volvo...  (Read 357 times)

Graeme Shaw

So my mom's finally found a Volvo...
« on: January 10, 2004, 04:56:01 pm »
And it's an old 740 Turbo Intercooler.  Anyone have any idea what turbo's on there?  We won't have posession until at least monday, and really, I'm just curious.  If anyone's got any ideas, let me know :)

Two turbo cars in the family.  Booyah.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 07:47:21 pm »
the earlier ones use a Garret TB03 and the later ones use a Mitsu.  Not sure exactly which ones.

www.Turbobricks.com will be a great starting point for you.

BTW the 2dr silver one on the first page is just like the one I used to have.  Great car, just too rusty to save...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 07:58:28 pm »
Sweet, thanks John.  I was looking at the stats for the new brick she just bought...162 HP, yeah, that's okay.  195 ft-lbs!!!!!  Sweeeeeeeeet.

Massive downside?  8 valves.  Holy old school batman.  I think I'll have to see if there's anythign Lowell can do with this old behemoth to make it something I'm not ashamed to drive...as soon as I can convince my mom it'd be a good investment ;)  Too bad it's a slushbox.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 11:15:29 pm »
hey, like I said look at TurboBricks and get in there community.  There is also a Volvo club of BC.

You can do lots.  Just the same sorta stuff we do.  More boost, better pipes, fuel mods, and of course big exhaust.

None of it goes as far, and it will max at about 270 or so hp unless you go for bigger turbo and intercooler and big fuel mods, but its fun.

And the engines are bulletproof.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 11:48:34 pm »
And it seems as though unlike with the 4G63 they get better with age!