Author Topic: Squeaky Belts / Clutch did an odd thing  (Read 303 times)

Dan Powers

Squeaky Belts / Clutch did an odd thing
« on: January 06, 2004, 07:26:30 pm »
Ok, so first of all, my belts or some belt is squeakin now, could it be from water on the roads with all the snow, or jsut the cold.  Or should I get them changed.

Now, on to the clutch, I pulled up to a light stopped no problems.  Light went green and I put my foot on the gas and started to let the clutch out.  Felt like my E-Brake was on, almost stalled but didn't, I then decided to dump the clutch @ 3k rpm thinking it could be just alot of snow.  Car didn't go!  Then I tried again normally & I started moving.    This has happend to me once before in the snow, also the clutch does not engage smoothly over 1k rpms latley.  I figure the not so smooth clutch is because of my bad habits still being a new driver & all, so that I am not all too worried about.  But the stall from the clutch is what scares me.  Seemed almost as if there was no clutch there for a second.  Oh yes, there is reciept from the previous owner getting a clutch set put in sometime in august.  Hmmm I don't know what to think, thanks guys.

Offline Eric McIntyre

Squeaky Belts / Clutch did an odd thing
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 09:34:45 pm »
my alternator belt was heli squeaky the other day when it was like -5...... i just tightened it a bit and now its fine...no more squeaks...... dunno about the clutch tho.
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff
.....stupid university costing so much