Author Topic: DIY Rear Camber Adjustment fix  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Charn Gill

DIY Rear Camber Adjustment fix
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:56:08 am »
Does anybody have an additional link to the DIY rear camber adjustment page? I remember doing it back on my old 2g and it was an easy fix. went back on the VFAQ's page yesterday and the link doesnt work  :(

TIA
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

We all own DSM's so clearly we like abusive relationships - Rob Armstrong

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: DIY Rear Camber Adjustment fix
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 12:53:28 pm »
yes longer bolts, and washers in between the upper control arm and body,

I got mine from RTM for cheap..  easier for me then trying to source the grade 8 bolts and a shit load of washers.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 01:14:03 pm »
yeah i remember it saying something about a certain grade of bolt... I guess its grade 8.. lol thanks.
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 06:26:38 pm »
Remember to re-set your toe adjustment as well when changing. Camber.

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 02:54:57 pm »
so ive decided that I need to build up my suspension properly before making major modifications to my vehicle (gotta have a good base, and all four wheels flat on the road) so im looking to buy a full (front and rear) camber kit. on the RTM RAcing website, they show a front camber kit upper control arm type, and a front camber kit Ball joint type. my question is whats the difference? whats the better, longer lasting way to go? which is easier to install? can i choose either or are some 2g's specific to one type only? (2ga vs 2gb?)

thanks in adavnce

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 07:04:40 pm »
The upper adjuster will be easier to install and adjust, the balljoint type has an excentric adjustment in it, and the upper adjuster is a sleeve type from the looks of it. As someone who does a lot of alignments i always prefer adjustable sleeves/bolts compared to messing around with a balljoint. Just my two cents though. I wouldn't say one is necessarily better than the other, just different styles of adjustment. Maybe someone else can chime in on this point.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Travis Koch

• Level Seven Finishing
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 07:49:30 pm »
there's actually a guy on Craigslist selling a front and rear camber kit right now for $100... check it out.
Current projects:  1992 Laser RS AWD - daily summer
                           1995 Talon Tsi AWD - daily winter
                           1989 2000GTX FWD - not sure where this is going yet
                           1991 Talon Tsi AWD - soon to be organ donor

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 08:34:37 pm »
the ingalls front camber kits are nice.  that's what I used on mine.  The ones I got were a little too much of a adjustment for the smaller drop  lowering job my eclipse has (eibach sportlines)  THey would be better for a coil over car with a very low drop.  these were the ones I got (https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17252&cat=1774&page=1)  I also has to modify (hammer up) my inner fender sheet metal to keep the control arm from bashing into the unibody.  Was easy with a air hammer.  The adjustable ball joint style don't have to deal with this problem as the control arm stays put and a elliptical balljoint does the adjustment.

if u have a mild drop (1-2)" then id recommend these moog ones, or the similar style ingalls ones, (don't see them on RTM site, but I think they are available) https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18252&cat=1774&page=1

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 12:51:58 am »
thanks for the responses guys. very informative. my car isnt dropped to low. i believe its about an inch, inch and a half...definitely gonna take into consideration the control arm hitting the body..  ill take a look at those moog ones and on CL! :)

Offline Jay Vee

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 12:58:59 pm »
has anyone tried purchasing camber kits from ebay? the rtm website is showing out of stock and also seems to be cheaper on ebay i'd like
to purchase some camber kits for my 2g