Author Topic: Aftermarket intake mod...... pertaining to BOV dump tube  (Read 604 times)

Offline Travis Koch

• Level Seven Finishing
Aftermarket intake mod...... pertaining to BOV dump tube
« on: June 08, 2014, 12:34:15 am »

This was just an idea I had in an attempt to correct the over rich condition caused by a hacked/cut BOV dump tube.  I figured my Dejon might cause the same problem so I altered it.

Before

After

Current projects:  1992 Laser RS AWD - daily summer
                           1995 Talon Tsi AWD - daily winter
                           1989 2000GTX FWD - not sure where this is going yet
                           1991 Talon Tsi AWD - soon to be organ donor

Offline Rob Armstrong

Re: Aftermarket intake mod...... pertaining to BOV dump tube
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 01:48:21 pm »
Looks great.
If you would just get one of your SD setups on you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 06:44:47 pm »
I hacked my BOV dump tube a few weeks ago...Noticed that im almost always in boost even when driving on the hwy with very little acceleration on the pedal. So my gas consumption was going to shit. lol with the price of gas nowadays, heading to the hardware store to find a similar length of pcv piping and putting that sucker back in!
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

We all own DSM's so clearly we like abusive relationships - Rob Armstrong

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:32:13 pm »
yeah, when i hacked my dump tube, also noted around 80 km's per tank LESS then i got before.  I rigged up the right diameter heaterhose to go back down into the intake pipe.  gas mileage went back to the normal 400-430 km's a tank now... and also it passed aircare no problem as well! (failed misserably before with the cut pipe)

excellent mod travis!  I imagine this mod would cut down on the annoying noises from the BOV as well. hehehe  ;)
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.