Author Topic: Boost going too high!  (Read 392 times)

Offline Brayden White-Halverson

Boost going too high!
« on: September 10, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »
When i am driving and i put the throttle down it will go past what the greddy boost controller is allowing it. I tried changing the settings, and looked up instructions, troubleshooting, and drove around for a bit to see if it worked. This did nothing. The only way im able to control the boost now is to ease off or on the throttle. The peak should be at 17 psi, but if i continue to hold down the gas it will just keep raising till you hear popping noises, and it gets very rough. (Did it on accident without knowing this happened) Just wondering if there is supposed to be a cable that is off, or sensor issue. I put it to the low setting as well, and it will still raise until i let off the gas. The low setting is supposed to be at 12 psi max as well.
'90 2.3L Ford Mustang lx (Sold)
'95 Eagle Talon w/ '98 Eclipse Front end (Daily) 305hp @ 21 Psi (At the crank :()

Offline Jordan Kruger

Re: Boost going too high!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:04:46 pm »
May be a wastegate issue.  Start by checking the wastegate airline.  If that comes off, then your boost will skyrocket without you having to modulate the boost with the throttle.   
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:08:22 pm »
Is this a new item? Because it sounds like your boost controlers a, is installed backwords/wrong/ line loose. or b, shit the sheets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 08:11:27 pm »
could also be boost creep, so many variables.

has it done this for a while? did it recently change?

solenoid in ebc, wastegate issue, creep, installation of ebc etc
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Matt Vangaalen

• VangaBuilt
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:24:16 pm »
Check the line to the actuator if it has a crack it won't be giving enough pressure to the actuator.
6 bolt short block (.02 over evo9 pistons). Straight cut oil pump gears. Ported 2g head and manifolds, GSC S1 cams(adjustable gears), undercut SS valves, bronze guides, Manley springs. Fp's Big T28, stock 02 into 2.5 downpipe, 3" from the flex section back. Apex'i N1 muffler. ETS fmic. 1g bov. 1g throttle body. 255lph pump. 660cc injectors. AFPR. SD on Link V3. 345 ft lbs 345 hp.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:26:14 pm »
everything was good before i touched it ahaha.. 

We did a boost leak check last night, after i did the t-belts, , and my guess is the wastegate line, got bumped off somehow.   cuz it sound exactly like a blown off vac/boost line to the boost controller, or from the boost controller to the wastegate.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.