Author Topic: yay hesitation bucking at low rpms~RESOLVED~  (Read 4972 times)

Offline kevin derhouson

yay hesitation bucking at low rpms~RESOLVED~
« on: June 03, 2012, 02:10:15 pm »
Just did a timing belt job, kevlar belt, pulleys water pump tensioner seals, fluidampr (used longer arp bolts ofc) install whole shibang..

now i'm 100% certain that everything... everything.. lines up absolutely perfectly.. while it was being done i left the key in the accessory position and drained the battery.. put a slow charge on it, fired up idles normally(so ISC should be fine) whole deal.

driving at low rps mostly happens in second gear i get sporadic hesitation and some bucking.. don't say MAS because i run SD :p
sometimes wants to die when down shifting for a light.

high rpm everythings great.. builds boost normally, runs normally, powers there..

plugs fine
wires fine
fpr fine
CAS checked..
fuel pump fine
vacuum is normal.. boost leaks checked.
FML :)

edit: suppose i didnt' check fuel filter but the timing pardon the pun of it seems suspicious.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:57:44 pm by kevin derhouson »
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
Re: yay hesitation bucking at low rpms
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 02:29:14 pm »
you could have meth leaking into the charge system, making large droplets that dont burn.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 02:30:31 pm »
will check, thank you marke :)

edit: that would surprise me though, i got a warning light on my hsf-3 when one of my fittings was leaking slightly.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:34:20 pm by kevin derhouson »
She lives.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:22:33 pm »
is it possible that the tuning system, PCM or SAFC (if you even have one) lost its tune or something when the battery went dead

good job on tackling all that work on your own tho  that job can mess  people up  a lot of the time.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 09:18:58 pm »
don't think thats possible as i run ecmlink v3, and watching my afr's they seem normal under all conditions..

has to be spark or fuel imo.. i'll figure it out :p

just frustrating.
She lives.

Offline KevinBuckham

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:17:02 pm »
Did you switch to SD at the same time?

I had issues up to two weeks ago with my ECMLink V3 speed density tune related to idle control and issues at ~2500 RPM in second gear at low / mid throttle.  Finally have it all cleaned up.  My idle issues were fixed my adjusting O2 Feedback adjustment rate.  Also had to do some small increases to tip-in related to TPS change, up my idle and low throttle/rpm timing, and slightly increased coolant temp based fuel compensation.  Now it won't die while coasting to a stop even if I immediately kick on the heater fan and A/C.  Also drive-ability from cold is much improved.

For your idle trouble, do you notice the A:F going lean just as it dies?  How long is your lead to your MAP sensor from the intake manifold.  Keep it short (6" or less) and definitely don't have anything else on that line.  Are you running a 2G cam sensor, or a 1G style?  Have you verified base timing if 1G style?  If you are on a 2G style, do you have a 2.4?  If so, they tend to like a bit (not lots) more timing at idle especially if you have upgraded cams.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 02:55:18 pm »
nah been running SD for over a year now :)

resolved:

after driving more and being astute i realized that the misfires/stalling were happening only in

2/4/R gears

1/3/5 gears were not effected..

turns out a wire from the main relay wandered a bit and was grounding out.
She lives.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 02:58:38 pm »
Did you switch to SD at the same time?

I had issues up to two weeks ago with my ECMLink V3 speed density tune related to idle control and issues at ~2500 RPM in second gear at low / mid throttle.  Finally have it all cleaned up.  My idle issues were fixed my adjusting O2 Feedback adjustment rate.  Also had to do some small increases to tip-in related to TPS change, up my idle and low throttle/rpm timing, and slightly increased coolant temp based fuel compensation.  Now it won't die while coasting to a stop even if I immediately kick on the heater fan and A/C.  Also drive-ability from cold is much improved.

For your idle trouble, do you notice the A:F going lean just as it dies?  How long is your lead to your MAP sensor from the intake manifold.  Keep it short (6" or less) and definitely don't have anything else on that line.  Are you running a 2G cam sensor, or a 1G style?  Have you verified base timing if 1G style?  If you are on a 2G style, do you have a 2.4?  If so, they tend to like a bit (not lots) more timing at idle especially if you have upgraded cams.

to be honest i had RG set up my ecmlink/SD because i'm a pussy :p
She lives.

Offline Chad Giffen

Re: yay hesitation bucking at low rpms~RESOLVED~
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 05:25:57 pm »
nice catch
1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Electric Blue
Evo III 16g
Stock Boost

Offline John Hartman

Re: yay hesitation bucking at low rpms~RESOLVED~
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:45 pm »
definately a good find.  You gots dah skillz yo!

That sorta shit can drag you down for a long period of time.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods