Author Topic: Update on Center Diff Repair..... extra work for those who want it  (Read 657 times)

Offline Chad Giffen

So I got lucky and found a fresh rebuild 4-spider diff from Jacks Transmissions in the States for $330 shipped.

It'll be on it's way probably Monday.

I don't mind doing the repair myself...     but I also don;t mind paying someone's labor if they feel like making some extra cash....     time is limited for me right now....

Maybe Lowell or Andrew can give me a rough rate if I figure out how to get it to Racing Greed or maybe Brett H. wants some work if he is familiar with it?

I will keep this thing updated and review the carnage that is to come.

Chad
1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Electric Blue
Evo III 16g
Stock Boost

Offline andrew volcz

Re: Update on Center Diff Repair..... extra work for those who want it
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 05:04:33 pm »
i believe its approx 2-2.5hrs to install with the trans in the car.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:23:33 pm by andrew volcz »

Offline Chad Giffen

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:07:01 pm »
No Jack's had none. Bought it off ebay.
1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Electric Blue
Evo III 16g
Stock Boost

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:26:57 pm »
I would do it... but unfortunalty for the next few months i got a ton on my plate.. I currently have a 92 Celica GT4 RC totally dissasembled... and my eclipse GSX totally apart right down to the firewall and engine bay being stripped down to nothing prepping the enginebay to be painted...  Also my friends colt GT needs the damaged engine replaced as well  !!

Plus i am currently in the process of purchasing a house for the first time.

Unfortunetly i will not be able to do any other side work for at least till fall/winter of this year  :(

I would recommend Racing Greed to do the work.  Probably not something you want to bring to your average shop... definalty want someone who knows these cars to do it, unless you were going to swap the whole tranny... then your average shop could do it.

I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.