Author Topic: a lil more help? :)  (Read 333 times)

Offline Andrew King

a lil more help? :)
« on: January 13, 2012, 08:30:50 pm »
Alriight so it was the starter relay and this issue has been there since ive had the car sometimes when i come to a stop the oil light will pop on and when i start movin it goes off. I know theres oil in it but Im not sure if its good or not. Also The oil pressure when started reads fairly high and then goes on the low side and sometimes when starting in the morning it will tick fer a few seconds then it stops. Any ideas?
1992 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd- In progress

DSM, A car for the gods... Good thing i've got one!

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
Re: a lil more help? :)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:58:43 pm »
its normal operating for those symptoms. maybe a little low on oil or its old.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Greg Durban

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 11:37:16 pm »
Make sure you have adequate oil pressure once it's warmed up. Had a friend with a car that did similar things, the day I noticed his light come on he kinda shrugged it off and then no more than two days later he wrecked a bearing and the car was undriveable.
1991 Eagle Talon AwD
1993 Plymouth Laser RS
"Being your own backyard mechanic is what owning a DSM is all about." DSMtuners.com

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 08:09:21 am »
hook up a manual oil press gauge and see what the oil pressure really is once warmed up and the oil light comes on.  Could be a bad oil press switch as well, or its actually getting low oil press once warmed up.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Andrew King

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »
the light doesnt come on while driving though only while stopped, and thats only sometimes.
1992 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd- In progress

DSM, A car for the gods... Good thing i've got one!

Offline Greg Durban

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 07:08:18 pm »
the light doesnt come on while driving though only while stopped, and thats only sometimes.

Same as my buddies, I'd try what Brett said just to make sure you have enough oil pressure at idle with the engine warm.
1991 Eagle Talon AwD
1993 Plymouth Laser RS
"Being your own backyard mechanic is what owning a DSM is all about." DSMtuners.com