Author Topic: iJEEP  (Read 4035 times)

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
Re: iJEEP
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 11:03:12 pm »
Jealous of the pics though. Used to go up the mountains back home on ATV's a lot when I was younger, kinda miss it.
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline andrew volcz

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 11:13:56 pm »
there was actually 5 trucks.  2 yj's, 2 xj's, and a newer stock 4runner that couldnt make it very far ... thing was about as off-roadable as a mini-van.  one of my buddies brought his dlsr and go-pro which was recording the whole time and im awaiting for him to send some media my way.  i might pick up a go-pro on xmas/boxing day

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 02:56:02 pm »
gettin a yota soon budday     one that will keep up   ;)    I miss mine.
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline andrew volcz

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 09:36:20 pm »
playing up at Stave Lake Nov 19   ;D

Bryan Hoytema

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 08:34:46 pm »
I joined the jeep train ! and cant say I have had a good time soo far :( but cant wait to get it on the road

Offline andrew volcz

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 12:19:24 am »
did you break it as soon as you got it ???

the Black Friday sales were too tempting to pass up!  picked up a Hella 7" driving light kit, JCR skid plate (couple weeks delivery), a Spartan front locker, and SOLID diff armor covers  ;D

also started collecting parts for a 4.6L stroker motor.  spent the last couple days tearing down a donor 4.0 long block, and another long block for the crank/rods.  what a freaking oily mess of metal!

SOLID covers came powder coated, a full tube of RTV with each cover, AND new fasteners

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:58:48 pm by andrew volcz »

Bryan Hoytema

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 12:01:56 am »
those are some pretty sick Diff covers if I ever seen any!, good luck crackin those puppies up like a coconut haha, and go pros are a very good investment !! pick one up you'd be glad you did

nah man cop gave me a roadside VI (in the dark i might add) 30 min down the road after I bought it , and decided to give me a BOX 1 V.I. so cant even put temp on it to take it to a shop it get it safety'd , all the cop wrote me down for was a cracked windshield , semi cracked old brake lines ( cracking at the start of the rubber hoses) and having the jeep start with no key and that's about it , now I have to trailer it somewhere if I want to get it safety'd , :( , all I am waiting on are a few little things like right side e brake cable , new wind screen, 4-way lights relay , new clip for the rear of the canopy ( so I can use the defroster) and heater box , lol soo just alittle lits of parts then I should be alllll good to hit up the trails !!

Offline andrew volcz

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:55 pm »
the thing that sold me was the lifetime warranty.  Riddler covers are the same however they are about $280-300 +hst for the pair.  i paid about half that due to the black friday sales!  locker will go in with the covers as soon as i get some fluids

brutal to hear about the VI.  im surprised that the cop wouldnt just let you go seeing as you just bought the jeep not even an hour prior and if you said that you planned fix the jeep up (people buy fix-er-uper's all the time).   sounds like the guy cop was on his period   :D

on a side note, the stock 4.0 engine weighs about 450lb dry!  i tore one down and took it to the scrap metal recyclers where they weighed it to pay me ($31).

Offline andrew volcz

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 09:41:52 am »
yesterday flexed the jeep right out!  there was almost 2ft of tire-to-fender gap up front, and my rear drivers side tire was off the ground a few inches

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2011, 02:28:55 pm »
Fakn miss my 4runner.   Get shakels and the rear will do the same!
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline andrew volcz

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2011, 04:36:13 pm »
yep 1-2" adjustable shackles are on the shopping list along with replacing some tie rods up front

oh and my 4.6L stroker build is on :o
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:00:45 pm by andrew volcz »