Author Topic: For those that missed the BBQ on the 12th  (Read 5569 times)

Offline Travis Merrick

For those that missed the BBQ on the 12th
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2003, 11:59:19 pm »
Quote from: "Bobby Grewal"
Im gonna try to make it to the chevron by 10...im prolly bringing my younger cousin i told him about it and i think he wants to come. Hes never been to mission raceway. :) That chevrons the one rite after you get off the exit rite?

Yah, take a big bend around a looper and go over the overpass, just on the right across from Esso.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2003, 09:03:14 pm »
K, I got the plasma cutter, you got the Sawzall, Jaaaaaack!!  Where you at!!??
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline JamieSibley

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2003, 11:28:34 pm »
Hi, it's Erica...

Well, I think Jamie wants to come out to John's during the day, he has to work in the evening, but I plan on coming to the track to test out my new digital cam  :D

I'll try and get the day off work so I can come out for the day-meet, but I don't know when we'll be leaving. Could someone PM us with the directions to John's, in case we do make it out?

Oh, and for the evening, I noticed last time I came down to the track, all the non-racing DSM's were parked all over the lot... couldn't we sort of 'designate' a little group area for parking, maybe get some cones and some loudass member to hold the spot... I wanted to get some nice big group pics..... if it's not too much trouble! *laugh*

Anyhoo, it'll be nice to meet some more of ya, I think the only ones I've talked to are Vlad and Ernie.....
5 TSI RWD 2.4L Fairwell.

Offline Ryan O'Rourke

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2003, 12:20:55 am »
well... no one really knows me here yet, but im sure i can pull off the loud-ass guy role quite nicely :D (to hold down parking spots)

yea some directions would be nice, perhaps throw in the thread, i pretty much just need a street name

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2003, 02:47:16 am »
So I went drinking with the guys and I decided that I will come down. Maybe not the best choice but it should be good times. I am 40kms in the new FMIC and I dig it!!! 10am sounds good,I will be staying at Cole MacDonald's place on friday night. Directions would be great.. I cant leave til 4 pm on friday evening though. Cole, if you read this I am goin for sure.

Offline Jason Lahey

• http://www.teamfc3s.org/forum/members_cars.php?action=view&car_id=461
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2003, 09:05:51 am »
Mission forcast looks good guys, Scott and I will be praying for no rainout  :)

(I'm going to tag along with Scott to see what this dsm stuff is all about  :twisted: )
8' Mazda RX-7 TurboII
13.72@101

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2003, 01:23:32 pm »
Anyone have a weather update? I've been checking theweathernetwork.com and everything seems alright but I'd kind of like to know first hand.

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2003, 01:27:11 pm »
Quote from: "Scott Girvin"
Anyone have a weather update? I've been checking theweathernetwork.com and everything seems alright but I'd kind of like to know first hand.

You want up-to-the-minute weather info for Mission Raceway?
http://www.testandtune.com/trackcams/missioncam/missioncam.asp

enjoy :)
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2003, 07:27:26 pm »
directions from Hiway 1 Eastbound.

take the Lickman Road exit, and follow it south, NOT over the hiway.

Keep on going for good drive :)  Watch out for Keith Wilson road.  Turn left there.  You will be sorta out in the sticks at this point :)

Then go down it a ways, but not toofar at all,and take a left at Boulevard.  It is a 2 lane with trees/grass in the middle. Take your second left after that.  It has a street sign that has several street names on it.  My street is Nicomen Drive.  Just follow the road for a couple hundred yards.  It sorta bends slightly left followed by a quick leftish thing.  You will understand when you see it.  My house is #15 Nicomen.  It is white, with 2 trees and a ditch in the front.  And my red 91 TSI in the driveway or maybe in front of the house on the grass.

Phone is 858-8544 if you get lost.

see ya all there.

Oh, ps, bring some food for lunch and maybe something to share as it seems we will be having a full turnout :D  I also suggest no alcohol as we will be driving etc.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Ryan O'Rourke

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2003, 03:05:48 pm »
Hey guys

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally wanted to make it out today
But i was pre-occupied with the resting thing

not sure if any of you heard, or saw, what happend at tornado joes last nite, but a couple of people got run over by an avalanche, me being one of em... apparently my ribs are cracked....
alas, thats my excuse for not makin it out  :oops:  today... if u guys end up bak @ johns tonite (after the races) lemme know

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2003, 08:25:35 am »
sorry you didn't make it.

We had 8 cars out, including mine, lots of tinkering done, good stuff.

Offline Ryan O'Rourke

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2003, 09:58:43 pm »
bah.. ill be sure to make it next time... (i do believe thats the second time ive had to say that lol) least i had a semi-legit excuse this time  :shock: