Author Topic: been away for a while, here's what i've been up too...  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Ken Hawkins

• Al yr DSM R belong to me!
Sorry Cole, yer thread has been jacked (here's what i've been up too...)
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 07:58:42 am »
Ken, there is already Porschubishi, why not Porshisan ?  :)

hell, Lotus has not engined one of thier own cars for a long time.  Lota?  Toyotus?  Or previously, Lotisuzu?  Isotus?

But, were it mine, I would make another Porschubishi.  040 over 2.4l with one of those badass new turbos from that other thread.  More power and torque than the V8, better mileage and better weight, all while being easier and cheaper to maintain and work on.

I believe I have missed something interesting. is there postings/website/pics of the Porschubishi? I don't know about the better mileage; my Talon is not exactly a fuel sipper.

Also gotta admit a weakness for the V8 rumble.

Ken

PS to Cole: IIRC many years ago, back in the days of subscribed email digests on usenet, there was something about the Supra/Cressy rear subframe lining up with hard-points on the wagon chassis....not sure if it was a question or a solution. You should maybe consider the classic stand-by Jaguar IRS. Plenty of those available cheap in Vancouver area.

And for the next step in Cole's "Pimp my ride"
1a TSi AWD RallyX champeeeen
'80 928 DD & Trackster
'78 928 trak project
"I once gave a rat's ass; nobody cared. Except the rat"

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
Re: been away for a while, here's what i've been up too...
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 05:01:50 pm »
Dooo eeeeeeetttttttt :D
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 08:29:56 pm »
Ken, I am sure if you seach on the internet you will find it.  Its a black mid-late 80s 911.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Cole Chalmers

• DERP!DERP!DERP!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 09:50:02 am »
Cole, what's the bolt pattern/offset/centerbore on those Diamonds?
Just curious.

4x114.3, 15x10 -25  not sure on the center bore though.

And for the next step in Cole's "Pimp my ride"

Haha I love bosozoku style! My sedan got the beginnings of some boso flare in the rear quarter the other night:

Fire Hydrant: 1
Cressida: 0

As for the IRS swap, this is my first season in a built drift car. My previous experience includes one track day in a $500 n/a open diff mk3 supra, and rain/snow drifting in above cressida sedan. This car will, almost guaranteed, hit a wall or another car eventually. We built this with that in mind. Everything is made to be easily swapped into a new shell if something happens to this one. So to go IRS would, not so much be a waste of time, but be a lot of spent energy and money for something that will most likely get wrecked. if I build another wagon drift car after this one I will definitely consider IRS. But I think I already got plans for my next drift car, and they involve me being back on these forums again when the time comes :P

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 01:41:42 pm »
Ah I was wondering if you were going to start doing some of the events you have so many photos of them you must be itching to get out there yourself
Looks like you'll have to get someone else to take the pictures at the events next year eh?
I hope to make it up for a few of them myself
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 11:34:19 pm »
DRIFT NATION!!!     :D ;D
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Dave Ingraham

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 11:00:49 pm »