Author Topic: Center instrument lights  (Read 640 times)

Offline Oman Yip

• DSM Noob
Center instrument lights
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:18:52 pm »
The intrument lights in my car does not come on. (fan speed adjuster, tempeture control...etc...) but the air con's light and emergency light button are fine.

First question I should ask is, do they even come on? And 2nd is I've checked the fuse box and it seems to be fine, but I can't even categorize those lights in one of those fuses. And lastly is it hard to fix?

I've tried to search for it but no luck... Thanks

Offline Kyle Kemp

Re: Center instrument lights
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 09:06:49 pm »
It's a bitch to remove and change the bulb I have to do it in my car this winter. Look on dsmtuners for the whole walk through on the HVAC removal.
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - #1 for sound quality
-Big T28 w/ FP Manifold
-6 bolt swap
-3" Full Exhaust
-Greddy E managment
-Eprom ECU
-DSM Chip

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:56:31 pm »
until you get around to changing it, smack the dash or the side of the console, you can sometimes get the connection to come around :)

Carmens old Talon was like that.  Hit a bump, it would go out, hit another it would come back on.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Mikael Mikkelsen

• Mobility Consultants Group
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:30:27 am »
Spend the $2 on ebay and buy led's and resistors and change the color to blue or red or whatever.

I've so far done all my dashights in blue and I think it looks great, it maintains a little of the dimming functionality still too. I plan on doing the HVAC this winter but don't look forward to pulling it all out.

If your careful you can even reuse the old bulb housings so the lights are still removable!