Author Topic: Sy Haw's new stance  (Read 927 times)

patrickWoo

Sy Haw's new stance
« on: June 19, 2010, 04:18:33 pm »

How's this 215/45/ZR17 look??

Offline Sy Haw Wong

Re: Sy Haw's new stance
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 04:33:05 pm »
They are the Hanook Ventus V12 Evo K110.  Its VERY NICE on the roads.  They also look a bit balanced on the car now.  Doesn't look as nasty as my previous tires in terms of the size of the gap from the tires to fenders.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/2009/09/08/tire-preview-hankook-ventus-v12-evo-k110-ultra-high-performance-summer-tire.htm

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:36:35 pm by Sy Haw Wong »

Offline Amir Ali

• DSM technology kicking the shit out of EVERYTHING
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:43:37 pm »
looks better lowered with less gap between tire and fender area but over all better than before.
=

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 12:16:29 am »
Seen them in person at the movie meet. Look good and i bet they feel good too!

but i agree...  a tiny bit of lowering will help it look magical!!

but on the downside... if you lower it it might not climb atop those dirt mounds at the drive in theater with ease anymore ... lol
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 03:09:06 am by Brett Haviland »
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 09:44:53 am »
Those are really nice tires, I almost got those for the Speed6.  I probably should have, the StarSpecs are noisy.  But they grip like a kitty cat on carpet.

Be careful with lowering too much Sy Haw.  Yes, it will look "Bawss" if you lower the hell out of it and make it hellaflush, but it won't handle as good as it looks and you will have rubbing/scraping/bottoming out issues.

Do lower it a tad tho ;)  maybe H&R Sports, or Eibach Pro or similar.  Over some Bilsteins or Konis.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 07:21:25 pm »
Thanks John.  This thread should technically go into Tech Specs and Review.  But I don't personally do any performance racing or hard auto crossing.   Therefore, I have yet to see the full potential of these tires.  But they do feel a lot grippier.

I actually siped these tires.  Its a preference for people, but I just wanted to try it out and see if it makes even a bigger difference.  Since these are already performance tires it would basically wear like an eraser if I took her to the track and give it a good run ~

Thanks guys.  Yeah shocks and springs are on my last to-do list.  Need to get my exhaust installed next.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 07:25:09 pm »
I actually siped these tires

yeah i noticed that when i was looking at them at the A&W.....  those sipes should help them be a little softer i imagine...  did you do it for better snow performance?? or does it help in the rain too?

the place where you got the tires installed offered to sipe them?

I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 10:52:50 pm »
I did them mainly for dry/wet performance.  I don't drive the car if it snows.  But figure that its Vancouver weather siping them for better traction wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Yeah the place I got it from was able to sipe them.  They didn't offer it to me, but I asked if they could do it.  It was $12 extra per tire.  So why not.

patrickWoo

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 01:58:04 am »
I'm a cheapass and I never sipe no tires lol.

Ya man time to look for that mad tyte lowering kit that everyone wants you to put on :P. But you should also realize that in a straight line it doesn't matter much and if you don't go autoX or track days you aren't going to turn hard enough to appreciate the difference from the suspension kit. So if you think it looks ok it looks ok. Don't give in to peer pressure it's going to be your car and it will be your ride comfort at stake. Plus you just did an alignment.

At least at stock height an Eclipse looks kind of low anyway not like a Galant it looks hideous at stock height:

holy shit a fist and a finger wheel gap?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:02:14 am by patrickWoo »

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 05:45:31 pm »
lower is always better .. until u ride to low and u smash ur bumper  on he pavemant.
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 05:58:21 pm »
Looks good, but still looks like a 4x4 2wd car. hah

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 06:01:07 pm »
or Constantine, until you have people walking past you in the twisties...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods