Author Topic: Another wheel refurbishing  (Read 663 times)

Offline Graeme H Burvill

Another wheel refurbishing
« on: April 21, 2010, 04:07:34 pm »
Well I picked up my buddies 1986 bmw 325. Got a really good deal on it, and it is a pretty solid car. When I got it the wheels looked horrible, lots of build up and a bit of corrosion. They weren't as bad as my talon rims were. I didn't take any before pictures But i used the same method to paint these rims as I did my last one. Landon Muzio had a wicked post on it.
http://www.bcdsm.org/forum/index.php/topic,16826.0.html

Took me a whole day of sanding again, and a worn out shoulder, but it was totally worth it. I used the same duplicolor paint, went with "metallic silver" under GM. It looked the closest to the stock color off the shelf, swear i spent an hour standing there looking at every silver. Anyways took my time and it turned out great.

should probably paint my wheel lugs but whatevs.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline John Hartman

Re: Another wheel refurbishing
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 05:06:58 pm »
you guys did those by hand?

VERY well done.  Fiddly friggin wheels for that kinda work.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Graeme H Burvill

Re: Another wheel refurbishing
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:21:13 pm »
honestly these were the absolute worst because of the little spokes, but once i had been sanding for like 3 hours I had a method down to getting all the nooks and crannys. I would say I speant easily 2 hours per rim more than my talon rims, just because of the shape. Even though my talon rims were way more heavily corroded.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...