Author Topic: Okanagan Street Legal Drags  (Read 1352 times)

Offline John Novo

Okanagan Street Legal Drags
« on: July 30, 2003, 07:56:08 pm »
For you Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay guys.
Thunder Mountain Raceway, just East of Kelowna, has started up a Friday Night Street Drags event. Next round is set for Aug. 22.

See http://www.thundermountainraceway.com for more info. The link to the Friday Night Street Drags, is fourth from the bottom.

The first round saw mostly domestics, with a few import/tuner types. Apparently, there are quite a few Hot imports in and around Kelowna. So they are trying to get more of these types of cars out to the strip (1/8 mile) and off the streets.

And to that effect, I volunteered and made a revised poster for them. The new poster can be found Here.

Please spread the word, print and post the poster.
Thanks.
John

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 11:20:28 pm »
Looks like fun :)

Nice car btw.

Too bad its an 8th mile tho.  Quarter is nice to show power.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Troy Simkus

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 06:05:11 am »
but 1/8th is easier to pick on domestics :)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 09:03:59 am »
yea, I guess.  

I don't want them to have any excuses tho.  Take them by 2 or 3 tenths in the 1/8th and they'd whine about the track being to short.

Take em in the 1/4 and they have to admit defeat
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Jen Deacon

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 11:03:49 am »
Finally, something nearby!  Not that I mind driving three hours to go to Mission... but on a day trip that can be tiring. :)

I recently heard about Kamloops pushing for a track.  It'd be interesting to see something come of this.
i]"haha you fucking moron you are SO kicked off this board."[/i]  --Toor '05

Offline John Novo

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 01:13:46 pm »
I don't know if the DSM crowd keeps in touch much over here, but Ashcroft would be a good get together place.

A buddy mentioned that he wanted us to go out there, but we haven't firmed up any date yet. I'll post that once we get our stuff together though.

Does that sound like something doable?

Troy Simkus

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 04:21:34 pm »
Quote from: "John Hartman"
yea, I guess.  

I don't want them to have any excuses tho.  Take them by 2 or 3 tenths in the 1/8th and they'd whine about the track being to short.

Take em in the 1/4 and they have to admit defeat

true enough, but then you get the porsche guys saying the 1/4 is too short, there's always someone with excuses, put up or shut up :)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 06:05:30 pm »
yea good point.  Someone is always gonna whine if a mere 122 c.i.d. beats thier engine that is 3 times bigger :)

Offline John Novo

Racing Suspended at TMR!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2003, 03:00:46 pm »
This weekend's races have been cancelled due to the Okanagan Mountain Park Fire.

You can read the official line at:
http://www.thundermountainraceway.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=390&t=390

Sorry.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2003, 06:52:19 pm »
hey, no need to apologise, I hope you guys are all ok up there.  Scary :(