Author Topic: One more time...  (Read 617 times)

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
One more time...
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:24:48 pm »
And again my car's been hit... This is the Third time my car's been hit by some careless FUCK in the past two years.

First time I got hit parked outside of my friend's house. The guy hit it and fucked off. I still have the dent.

Second time I got hit by a Hon-duh when I was going through a light. The girl turned into my car - She was turning left as I was going straight.

This time, some lady in a 1500 backed into my parked car, from the OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET, right into my driver door/fender.. My door won't open all the way. I can't even get in.
I'm going to the body shop this afternoon to see how much it'll cost to get fixed. From there decide if I am going to claim through ICBC or take her word/the word of the body shop people about her.
She was honest/kind enough to come back to my store and give me her details and is willing to sort this out. But I would still feel a lot more comfortable going through ICBC right off the bat.

Anyway.. enough. Here's are the pictures

Yup..
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline Joliesa Lepp

• 1993 tsi awd - big 16g, fmic, meth... head.
Re: One more time...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 12:29:05 pm »
At least the stickers made it.  :D

(P.S.- Thanks alot Maurits. From your thread title, I now have Cher stuck in my head)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:38:55 pm by Joliesa Lepp »
Outta the game!

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 01:20:46 pm »
buddy, don't settle with her out of ICBC. i promise you it will come back to haunt you. if you get the body shop to fix it and she pays the bill, then later on turns out something wasn't fixed right and you need to take it in again, your screwed. and if something happens and you need to take it to ICBC and they see that there was damage that wasn't fixed properly, your screwed even more. trust me, go to ICBC and make a claim. let ICBC deal with her. even though she was nice enough to come back, is that still worth all the hassle it's going to be later?
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline GlenMartin

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 01:46:29 pm »
i am with drew on this one.
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 01:47:02 pm »
Yeah, Drew. That's the road I'll be going down. I'd just like to hear what these guys are gonna tell me first, then I'll go through the motions of dealing with those piss heads again.

I have a witness in case they try to make things complicated.
I mean.. We pay insurance for a reason, right? So does she.. for shit like this. Why pay for something if you're not gonna use it.
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 01:49:56 pm »
Why pay for something if you're not gonna use it.

because we have to pay for it,  :P

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 02:15:07 pm »
If  you go through ICBC she STILL has the chance to pay for it out of her pocket.
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 07:00:16 pm »
Go through ICBC, Maurits.

It won't cost you a dime.

The claim will go through on the other party's insurance, your deductible will be waived.

You'll get it fixed correctly, and if you have warranty issues & the shop won't respond, you can go back to ICBC and sort it out.

GT Collision is apparently a pretty good shop, I think they're in your area.

The fender looks like junk. The door might be repairable.
ICBC tends to be full of cheap pricks, so push the estimator at whatever shop you go to for a blend on the hood, and make sure they're going to disassemble the door properly (remove all mouldings, trim, and weatherstripping prior to paint). Again, ICBC is cheap and they like to cut corners on older cars. Review the estimate and make sure it includes all the R&I's to make it look right. They should drop that side of the bumper and remove the headlight/signal as well, at minimum.
Objects in mirrors appear to be losing.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 07:05:55 pm »
pffft it's a 1g they all look like that ;)

ya man go threw ICBC, as much as I hate them they are good for a few things.

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »
The estimate came out to $1,537.44 at one body shop - The shop she has asked me to go to for the estimate, and the shop I will NOT be going to. I had work done there when I got hit by the Civic and they broke one of my corner lights off and instead of replacing it/making it removable/replaceable, they fucking glued it on the headlight, and I broke it when I took the bumper off. So won't be going back there..

Anyway the claim's gone through and I'm going to see the ICBC estimator and I'll make an appointment to get the other shop (Cam: GT is where I'm going) to have a look at it too.
Yeah GT is known for being pricey, though they do good work. And The estimator here in Duncan is actually a customer of mine so... hehehe.. We'll see how I'm going to play this one. I wonder if I have any customers at GT.. hmmm

PS: The guy at the one body shop said I shouldn't go through ICBC because "it's just a hassle for everybody," and I laughed and said "Not for me :) "