Author Topic: Van Autoshow pictures  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Mike Schmid

Re: Van Autoshow pictures
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 02:04:24 pm »
The "flat black"/ vinyl decals R8 and Lambo were sweet, if I could drive one, it would be the Lambo for sure. Audi/VW=electrical issues...no thanks..

All in all it was a decent show, not enough concept cars damn economy.

Hahaha, apparently you've never heard Jeremy Clarkson speak on the build quality and efficiency of Lamborghini hardware.  I recall something along the lines of "the air conditioning on previous Lamborghinis was like having an asthmatic midget inside the dashboard wheezing on you through a drinking straw".  Not having the luxury of being able to experience the cars first hand I have to rely on the reviewers opinion that Lamborghini quality is far superior since the VW/Audi takeover.  I think any problems the Audi would have the Lamboghini would also have since they're so similar anyways.   :)

As for the concept cars, yeah, it sucks, but with some of the big 3 looking at going under and the Japanese makers sucking hard too there's no room for cool concept cars.  Most of them this year are all hybrid or alternative fuel or uber-mileage concepts versus good old fashioned performance based concepts.  I say Boo-urns!  Get your businesses in order and get back to making cool cars. 
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 05:35:04 pm »
you the really cool thing speaking of uber green etc?

The Evo X is a certified ULEV!!!

yea it is.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 08:33:29 pm »
you the really cool thing speaking of uber green etc?

The Evo X is a certified ULEV!!!

yea it is.

Yeah if you leave the keys inside...
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Osme Velic

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 02:26:39 pm »
I meant I like the Lambo more than the R8 from the auto show. Not that I would buy the Lambo over the R8, If I were in the market, it would have been the Ferrari 599 GTB downstairs (red ofcourse)

And there are lots of concept cars out, they just harldy come to Vancouver, we all know the Van city shows are weak, when you compare them agains the New York, Detroit, Paris or Tokyo shows..Oh well..
04 Suzuki SV650 :)
04 Ninja 250 stolen/stripped :(
05 BMW 325i :)
96 Talon AWD TSi SADLY sold :(
97 Cavalier sold :(
86 Civic sold :)
89 Accord CRUSHED :(

Licensed Automotive refinish Technican. PM if you are in need

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 06:35:30 pm »
I'd do an R8.  Very cool car.  But I'd rather have sooo many cars its not even funny.  Holy crap, I would need a parking lot not a driveway if I were hugely rich.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Osme Velic

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 10:40:42 pm »
Well John, you are reminding me of me. The way I see it. If I won the lotery, I woudlnt buy a mansion. I would simply pay off my mortgage, and the mortgage of a few neightbours in my area, kick them all out, and turn it all into a huge parking lot of exotic and everyday cars...Oh god dont even get me started..
04 Suzuki SV650 :)
04 Ninja 250 stolen/stripped :(
05 BMW 325i :)
96 Talon AWD TSi SADLY sold :(
97 Cavalier sold :(
86 Civic sold :)
89 Accord CRUSHED :(

Licensed Automotive refinish Technican. PM if you are in need

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 12:39:14 am »
Hell id have every S line audi inluding the R8 as well as audi's super car that won the 12 hour Seabring.. r15... Thats just the starting.. then i would move on to exotics... yeah i could go on for ever as well..