Author Topic: New wheels...And some other pics **56k beware  (Read 799 times)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

New wheels...And some other pics **56k beware
« on: June 20, 2008, 08:18:44 pm »
Just got my new set of wheels...but before I drive on them I need a couple tires...so does anyone have 2 good shape 215/35/zr18's ?? Anyway back to the topic of pictures, i had to put new front brake pads on today so i figured the stock wheels were off and wanted to see what the new wheels look like, so I threw 2 of them on the front and backed it out of the garage for a little photo shoot lol I also made a video that will be on here asap. OH and you guys can see the aftermath of my little accident.

Lookin pretty good...

On an angle...

After The Accident...

under The Hood (zach check out your strut bar:D )

My Solution To hold Down the Dipstick...looks factory

Close Up of the Crumpled Corner...

A Shot Of Zack Holts Old Seats...

And The Rear Strut Bar...again, zachs old one

***THIS ONE IS FOR YOU ZACH, WHAT DO YOU SEE THATS MISSING? LOL  :P 8) ;D :D

A Shot from the front...

Thats all for now...thanks to my dad for lettin me use his camera and camcorder :D
Should have the smashed corner fixed up in the next 2 weeks...:D and the wheels on with wheel spacers  8)
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Zach Holt

Re: New wheels...And some other pics **56k beware
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 02:28:31 pm »
ahha looks good man it kinda made the car :) After my VI their in the mail for yea :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 04:57:19 pm »
holy fuck shane- luuukin goood where did u get the lights?
ebay...they are angel eyed...but the halo's arent on in the pic... I just got them 3 weeks ago and when i crashed it the passenger glass smashed so they are screwed:(...but they dont say DOT and the cop made a big deal out of them not being DOT...but they were 54$ or something to my door with bulbs and h4 harness...they are good looking...the bulbs suck for actually viewing distance...My plan was to keep them and put an h.i.d kit in them but now i gotta start over:| oh well...
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 04:59:08 pm »
ahha looks good man it kinda made the car :) After my VI their in the mail for yea :)

you got a vi too? lol alright man...no worries...i got bigger problems right now...lol look at the passenger front corner hah...but yea whenever they get here they get here no rush anymore. I was just getting inpatient becuase I had nothing wrong with my car and wanted to finish off the interior..
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 07:53:31 pm »
very nice wheels.  I like those alot.

My old strut bars look good in there hehehe  :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 01:12:53 am »
thanks john I really like them...:D i want to go lower...like....dsmtalks diambo4life, have any of you seen his 1ga? anyway I want the cheapest most backyard mechanic way possible for now...I have kyb AGX struts all around...dont know what springs..maybe the stock springs? is that possible? anyway im thinking of cuttin the springs and if it doesnt work out just buy the lowering springs to put in the agx's

here is his...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:14:36 am by Shane Sawatzki »
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 08:43:00 am »

oh shit dude you got a vi..Hope you get a good tech. Shane Sick ride man i like the wheels

thanks man, I got em for 450$ used...but they dont have a curb mark on them ...just needs 2 new tires.
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 09:26:46 am »
Shane, looks aren't everything man.  That low(diambo4life) will be a real bitch to drive on anything but the absolute smoothest roads.  Horrid ride quality, scraping your front lip, exhaust, tcase maybe driveshaft on speed bumps, driveways, tree roots and everything else.

Plus it won't handle well unless you spend big coin on doing it really well because you now will have just a few inches of travel.

Just some experienced advice.  It is your car tho, so you do what you like.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 09:30:52 am »
I hear you john, im not sayin I will go as low as his...but I think my car needs to come down atleast a bit...and I dont want to spend alot of money or any money if I can get away with cuttin the springs to just give me an inch.. untill I do something different anyways...i just graduated and start working full time in 2 weeks and will have some serious cash flow because i dont have rent or any living expense's... I was lookin at the Ksport Coilovers...
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 10:18:09 am »
the KSports are good, from what I have read.

As for just doing a temp thing now, its not really worth it.  You will have to pull all 4 struts and depending on rust etc, that may take a while the first time.  Then you will have to have a spring compressor to take the springs off each strut body.  If not, you will have to pay a shop to do that or buy a compressor.  Then you have to cut the springs and put it all back togeather.  Then you HAVE to get a wheel alignment because no matter what, when you change the camber(lowering will definately do this) you HAVE to readjust the toe settings or you will wear out your tires in a few days or a few weeks at the most.

Were I you, I would just drive it as is for now, and then do the work and pay for the alignment once.