Author Topic: Changing Motor Mounts - Question  (Read 425 times)

Offline Sy Haw Wong

Changing Motor Mounts - Question
« on: June 03, 2008, 09:28:44 pm »
I am possibly considering changing the motor mounts on my 2G eclipse.  I was wondering how hard would it be to do the:

1. Inserts

or

2. Filling the motor mounts with window urethane

Thanks.

Offline Mike Hewitt

Re: Changing Motor Mounts - Question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:15:56 am »
Prothane motor mounts are not that hard to do, I've only done them on a 1G, but it was nothing a little time and grease could fix. I would say just go with the inserts. That way you KNOW you have quality motor mounts.
~CrAzY~
If it won't go, bore it.
If it still won't go, stroke it.
If it still won't go, chrome it...

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 08:07:03 pm »
I would also suggest the inserts. My buddy just filled his own with urethane and they turned out really stiff so though it is better than his stock setup, he still feels every little crack on the road.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Dave Ingraham

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 09:30:12 pm »
I got the prothane mounts in my 1g.  It shakes the hole car at idle.  If you don't mind that than go with the prothane mounts.

Offline Mike Hewitt

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:34:46 pm »
I got the prothane mounts in my 1g.  It shakes the hole car at idle.  If you don't mind that than go with the prothane mounts.

I think it differs from car to car. My 'whole' car does not shake, the steering wheel definately does a lot more, my keys all the time, and there is a smaller vibration rattle in a couple other places.

In my opinion I think its one of the best thing I did for my car, it just plain FEELS so much better, I know its an upgrade, and telling your friends you got so much HP your whole car shakes...Priceless, lol jk on the HP part  :P
~CrAzY~
If it won't go, bore it.
If it still won't go, stroke it.
If it still won't go, chrome it...

Offline Dave Ingraham

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 07:24:01 pm »
I guess I should have said that I have removed my balances shafts.  More vibes from the engine.  Driving is good Idle my keys rattle as do most of my panels in the back.  I love it when people ask whats wrong with your car and I say nothing.

Offline Jon Rabeneck

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 08:07:03 am »
  I love it when people ask whats wrong with your car...

I hate it when people ask me  :'(

...haha
[Dwight Schrute]:
I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.