Author Topic: The Birdie - New pics Up!  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Ryan Singh

Re: The Birdie - New pics Up!
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 10:09:27 am »
Thankyas! I got the fenders off ebay, it turned out to be a local place. The shop was just off of SE Marine Dr. in Van...I forget the exact street name. I was going west, and had to turn left near the car dealerships...I went in about a block and then busted a right; the shop was right there. If you need the name of the place I can do more digging and find it for you, I got them over two summers ago.
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 08:36:09 pm »
will they line up with my stock body ??

and how much were they roughly?
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 11:20:14 am »
When I got them, the guy told me that their parts had a 95% chance of fitting. I put mine on by myself and they're pretty good. The gap is a little wider between the hood and the fender but whatever...when I have it repainted one day, I'll have it fixed then.
I'd recommend having a body shop doing it though, I had such a pain in the ass getting them on. Bolts that were virtually inaccessible broke, I hurt myself a few times, and then I came pretty close to just losing it.

One other thing worth mentioning...if you do get them and a shop does it for you, ask them if they can cut holes in the engine bay facing the vents. I'm still wanting to do mine, but just have no time or patience for it. It would really help with air circulation and cooling for summer!
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation