Author Topic: FREE Custom Gauge Cluster Lights.  (Read 820 times)

Offline LandonMuzio

FREE Custom Gauge Cluster Lights.
« on: September 12, 2007, 11:14:50 am »
Ok so heres the scoop. The other day I was driving around and I decided that the boring old orange looking lights on my gauges could use some nice color. So I started searchin online and found out that the light bulbs us talon owners have are size #194. So I started doing some more searching and I couldn't find anyone in BC that has custom color lights in that size. For where I'm at at least. So I checked up on ebay and sure enough they are there.
But I didn't want to wait so I started thinking "How hard would it be to make one?"

Heres what I found.

1. Go to Micheals and purchase Delta Air-dry PermEnamel Surface Conditioner and Delta Transparent Paint Glass. There are over 15 colors to choose from. I choose blue.

2. A LOEW-Cornell paint brush Size 8. There 12.99 but don't worry I have a secret.

So to start off I ripped apart my front dash and took out my cluster and removed all the #194's out of there.

Now what you wanna do is clean off lightly any dust off your ol'194's and start off with the Conditioner. It doesn't take that long for it to dry. Like I say give it 10 minutes.

Now the fun part. After you've given the little bastards there initial cleaning. Give em a nice dose of your favorite color. I started off at the top and kinda lightly brush stroked it around in a downward spiral.

After apply the paint give it a couple final blows and it shuld stay in place.

Heres the finished result.

A now for the best part! GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

Since you barely used any of it. Looks like its still brand new. Clean the brush good. Take it back for a full refund or exchange it for more goodies.

Peace!!

Offline LandonMuzio

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 04:51:51 pm »
You know what. Nevermind. This doesn't work. Doesn't matter what color the bulbs are the damb cluster is light yellow. Thought I would be a smart ass and try out somethin new. Fuck it. Oh and I just found out Michaels does exchanges only. So this whole thread is a waste of time. I'm just gonna go hide under a rock.

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:26:22 pm »
ahahah  :)  well yea tryed man.

good luck with the rock  :wink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:50:59 pm »
heyman it was a good attempt and generally a good idea!
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline LandonMuzio

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 07:43:12 pm »
Well so I was wrong on the exchange. I got my money back. At least.

Thanks for the ups boys.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:19:19 pm »
ROFL

so i guess this means you got your dash lights working then landon!!
what was the Problem?

it wasn't all in vien!
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline marQ_deLa_cruz

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 11:13:51 pm »
haha, hey if people don't try things, some stuff wouldn't have been made..props for trying anyway