Author Topic: My skyline GTR  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Graeme H Burvill

My skyline GTR
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 09:36:43 am »
I rode in that car up until the day it was sold. Stu used to take me for cruises around town. I thought that talon ran awesome. It was hella fast and sounded sweet.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Eric Ringrose

My skyline GTR
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 03:32:28 pm »
Quote from: "Graeme H Burvill"
I rode in that car up until the day it was sold.

No you didn't...... :roll:

I however was around that car since stu owned it, and 2 years before it was his. I was also there when the transmission was put in and there were no cracks. Driving around on crutches? right....

good to hear you have a new motor coming though

Offline Stewart Anderson

• http://www.cartune.ca
My skyline GTR
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 05:51:04 pm »
Alright, where to start. Well first Jon you did just jack my thread but thats ok, I understand that you are bitter, I would be too. I have tried PMing you about the talon on revscene (didn't actually know you were on here otherwise I would of msged you here) to see how you were making out and to help you in anyway possible, but never got a reply.

It was in perfect running order to the best of my knowledge, and I dont know what you mean by "driving on crutches" Although I was actually using crutches for awhile when I owned that car because I had ACL reconstructive surgery on my knee if thats what you mean.. But no if you are implying that I knew the car was in that state you are sadly mistaken, I would never sell a car if I knew it was in that state.

I have many witnesses that were present when I installed that transmission, it did not have any cracks, it was perfectly fine.

I also have witnesses that I was not "driving it on crutches". You were in the car the day you bought it as well, I took you for a drive, ask yourself was I limping it?

I truly honestly feel really bad for you, and am very sympathetic, I have bought cars before and had them break really fast.. It sucks. But hey welcome to the wonderful world of DSMs.

If you have any issues or concerns or questions do not hestitate to contact me, but I would prefer it if you did not flame me or swear at me on public forums, as this truly is not my fault.
985 Toyota Supra x2 -  Both Sold
1992 Mustang 5.0L - Sold
1991 Eagle 2000 GTX AWD - RIP
1991 Talon TSI - Sold
1989 Jeep 4.0L wagoneer - 4x4 beater
1991 Skyline GTR - New hotness

Offline Stewart Anderson

• http://www.cartune.ca
My skyline GTR
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 05:54:08 pm »
Quote from: "Eric Ringrose"
Quote from: "Graeme H Burvill"

No you didn't...... :roll:

I however was around that car since stu owned it, and 2 years before it was his. I was also there when the transmission was put in and there were no cracks. Driving around on crutches? right....

burvs actually did come out quite a few times in the talon
985 Toyota Supra x2 -  Both Sold
1992 Mustang 5.0L - Sold
1991 Eagle 2000 GTX AWD - RIP
1991 Talon TSI - Sold
1989 Jeep 4.0L wagoneer - 4x4 beater
1991 Skyline GTR - New hotness

Offline Graeme H Burvill

My skyline GTR
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 11:02:13 am »
Graeme H Burvill wrote:

No you didn't...... Rolling Eyes

:roll:  LoL
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Mike Meron

My skyline GTR
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 03:37:30 pm »
the engine backed away from the tranny to cause those cracks. nothing else..next time tighten the tranny. with a torque wrench to spec.