Author Topic: Lowering Problems..guys need a solution!!  (Read 423 times)

Offline Faraaz Awan

Lowering Problems..guys need a solution!!
« on: July 15, 2006, 08:24:09 pm »
okay heres the problem... basically I have a 2Ga with blitz kit on it. My front is a little bit lower then the rest of the kit. I have 18's on there right now and there is a 3"-4" gap. I know that the shocks are almost done so I plan to replace those but is there anything i can do about the sides of the car to lower it and not lower the front so much. If i were to lower the front, it would be touching the ground. If I had a picture i'd show you guys but i think you guys get the picture. There are springs on the car right now but they also need replacing... I dont really want to remove the front so any solutions you can think of? thanks alot!
clipse GST

Offline Kevin Chan

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 09:24:36 pm »
the back then?
o___0"
98 UZS160 hovering on air

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 02:10:08 am »
Get coilovers and set them to whatever height you want. Or get different lowering springs. H&R do 2" front and 1.5" back drop, Eibach does 1.25" front and 1" back drop, and there are more. So I'm pretty sure you can find a combo that works. New shocks will help stiffen up the ride too so you don't bounce so much and smack the kit.

Or get air ride  8)

Offline Kevin Klapwijk

• UndergroundTuner.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 08:53:46 pm »
I had the same problem too with my old 98 Eclipse RS. I had the Eibach springs with Tokiko gas shocks. Over time, the springs broke in and the car slowly evened out. It might take longer of course for the back to break in because it's not as heavy as the front. Coil-overs is the safe way to go!
1997 GSX Eclipse
1997 GS Eclipse

Cell: 778-889-4293

Offline Eric Ringrose

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:58:53 pm »
Coilovers FTW!

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 03:42:52 am »
I'm with Robin, go for the coilovers. If you're replacing springs and shocks, it makes sense.

Megan racing makes a good, but cheap set of coilovers for the 2G. They can be had for around 800 USD which is good imo. They are made in the same factory, and are virturally identical to the Apex'i N1 coilovers, so it's a pretty good deal I'd say.

Plus you'll get better handling.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Trev_Scott

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 11:56:19 am »
Check out "K Sport" Iv heard they are similar to tein but allot cheaper. I think they are 36 way adjustable too. Thats what im getting when i get my 18's :twisted:
- 04 Audi A4 1.8t - (Slightly modded)
- 95 Tsi - Ported sbr mani with tial38, evo3 turbo/O2, 650's, aro afpr,
wineboro 255, 10.5x28x3.5 XS-PWR fmic, Type-s, MBC,
Apexi N1 DP/Exhaust, Maf GenII  3.5" maf, Pocket logger,
Innovate LC1, Stage3 eprom,  poly mounts, act2600/flywheel
BS removed *RIP