Author Topic: BC DSM FVT 2006 Route info  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
BC DSM FVT 2006 Route info
« on: May 26, 2006, 11:23:09 am »
I urge every attendee to read these maps, print out a copy and have on hand with you for the tour itself - we always lose people because they don't know where they're going.

Directions & Overview

Turn by Turn Directions

We'll need atleast 3 Volunteers with FRS radios for this trip.
The 3 volunteers wil be positioned at the front, middle and rear of the convoy.  These 3 volunteers will know the route intimately and will communicate with each other to keep the convoy together as much as possible. (as I'm doing videography and going ahead, behind, etc the convoy, I can't be one of the volunteers.)

Sign up below to volunteer - if you have a position preferance (front middle rear), please state this.
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Miles Frederick

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 09:05:20 pm »
9am ?  It's fairly likely I'll sleep through that, I may have to do some catching up  :laugh:

I have two FRS radios.  1 is up for grabs if anyone needs it.  They are not subchannel capable so if possible could we go with a full channel this time?  Last year I could hear everyone but was unable to transmit  :cry:
91 TSI AWD
91 Laser NA

"A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag"

Ds-map / Jackal, highly recommended.  I've been running it for the last 3 - 4 years.  Amazing improvement in throttle response and overall power under part throttle conditions, and that was with the old maf still in place for 2 years.  Amazing tuning platform in my opinion, and best of all free.

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 01:10:14 am »
I've got an FRS if someone needs it.  Andrew, I'm sure since I'm just going in your car, you have yours so mine is up for grabs.
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 12:19:04 pm »
I'll take it Jovan

I also volunteer to drive in the front like last year. Andrew Scott is a good leader.

Offline Merlin Beerens

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 03:17:49 pm »
I can be the FRS man in the middle.
url=http://gallery78402.fotopic.net/c223558.html]1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD[/url]

Offline Andrew Steele

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 12:46:42 am »
Quote from: "Jovan Ceklaj"
I've got an FRS if someone needs it.  Andrew, I'm sure since I'm just going in your car, you have yours so mine is up for grabs.

Mine was stolen out of my car months ago...
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)

Offline Scott Cox

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 12:28:25 am »
is it ok if i bring a buddy with a 240sx? :!:
0 Plymouth Laser RS
04 Dodge SRT4

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 12:45:49 am »
Quote from: "Scott Cox"
is it ok if i bring a buddy with a 240sx? :!:

This is a common question and it was decided a long time ago that the FVT is DSM only.  All other events, including the shoot out, is for anyone.
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 05:09:48 am »
I've got a pair of radios, both sub-channnel capable.  I can bring up the rear if needed.

Providing I don't frig up the cam install.  If so, the radios are still up for use.

I will be starting somewhere along the way however as I am not up for a 9am way out there.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Andrew Steele

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 12:24:00 pm »
It is important to note that we have eliminated the Mission Chevron gas stop this year as well due to our increasing numbers.  

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FUEL WHEN WE START
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 04:02:52 pm »
just had a thought on the otherwize excellent directions/info.

These times are gonna be off.  If you are leaving at 9, then most of it will be close.  If you leave later, then all those times will be bumped up.  

The other spot is leaving Harrison.  We will probably spend an hour there.  At least 45min, for everyone to park, BS, walk to thier restaraunt of choice, order and eat, walk back and depart in an orderly fashion.  

Now, realistically, the only problem will be the Surrey group and the Valley group meeting up. We would need to know at what actual time the main group will be at our rendezvous point(s) Not sure where the Surrey guys plan on meeting up with the main body, but the Valley boys are planning on meeting at the Dewdney Trunk and #7 intersection, or very close to it in a large parking lot on the right side of D.T. Road.  Directions show approx 9:15, but if the main group doesn't leave till 10:10 or something that is gonna be one HELL of a wait, not to mention the early morning get-up for nothing.

I guess the Harrison one is a non-issue unless we have someone meeting us out there or after there?

We should get a couple of cell phone numbers from the main group out to the other 2 groups (at least 2 members of each group). And people that are FOR SURE gonna be there.

We should also decide on an FRS channel.  1-sub 22 is cool ;)  but if we have people with no sub channel capabilities, we need to work with that.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods