Author Topic: Sound clip of my 4g63t colt exhuast at idle and at rev.  (Read 697 times)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Sound clip of my 4g63t colt exhuast at idle and at rev.
« on: April 26, 2006, 12:32:16 am »
this is with 2.5" piping from the downpipe back... no cat, no resignator and running a Flowmaster Super 40 muffler with duel 2" tips.

heres the clip

http://www3.telus.net/brett83/Pics/Mitsubishi/DSCF0011.WAV

no BOV (except for the stock 1G DSM BOV recirculated).... its not running strait... just no cats or stuff.  (trust me i ran it strait piped for a few days b4 i got my exhuast and its like 4 X's as loud and agressive sounding.

and yes it does idle a bit lumpy (sorta like it has aftermarket cams)....  still trying to figure it out.. has done it for a year now ever since i did the swap.  May be my IAC or maybe could be that i actually do have cams.

i dont car much cuz it does run fine at throttle tho.  and thats what matters...
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 12:35:40 am »
It does sound A LOT like 272 cams at idle. Sounds identicle to mine.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 12:23:42 pm »
yeah like i said, im not sure what this engine has done to it b4.  I got it out of a black, rolled (lots), 1990 FWD that was towed to the interior BC from the lower mainland a few years back.  The engine had been rebuilt.  but i do not know if aftermarket cams were installed or what.  The engine looked totally stock to me.  Could have cams.. or could be the IAC or something causing the lumpy idle.  To see if i do have cams i would need to pull my valve cover and look for markings on the cams???
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.