Author Topic: April Meet  (Read 11129 times)

Offline Jeff Armstrong

• http://www.bc.dsm.org
April Meet
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2003, 03:33:29 pm »
I don't have a map handy, but its ~2km before the turnoff to Grouse Mtn.  Its never too busy either.
3 Talon - Sold
LR Disco - Atleast I'm AWD now :|

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
April Meet
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2003, 04:00:10 pm »
Quote from: "Jeff Armstrong"
I don't have a map handy, but its ~2km before the turnoff to Grouse Mtn.  Its never too busy either.

Sweet - I've looked into it, I'm going to drive up there sometime this weekend (anyone wanna come?  :laugh: ) and see if it's suitable for our purpose or not.  Looks like a nice place anyways :)

Anyone else got a BBQ that they can fit in a DSM that they can bring with them? I'm sure my lil thing can do the job, if ppl don't mind waiting ;) But it'd be better if we had more than one.

-Andrew
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Anonymous

April Meet
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2003, 05:21:02 pm »
Only a couple more days untill my Talon hits the roads and meet all in the same week, can wait.

1. Andrew Steele
2. Derek Fung
3. Ian Milburn

Offline Jeff Chau

April Meet
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2003, 06:51:41 pm »
better be sunny, just waxed my car. first meet and first post on this board. hope I can put some faces to your names :D

1. Andrew Steele
2. Derek Fung
3. Ian Milburn
4. Jeff Chau

Offline John Hartman

April Meet
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2003, 08:52:04 am »
sorry guys, got a football game that day, same time sorta.  Best of luck, have fun.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Derek Fung

• STOP ASKING ME IF ITS TURBO!! YOU CAN HEAR IT!!!!
April Meet
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2003, 01:49:26 pm »
i can bring my small BBQ. it will get the job done.
hmmm hamburgers and hot dogs. can't wait.
i will wax my car again, so its super shiny haha.  :P
2.3l fully built stroker. gt35r powered
12.126 @ 121.03

Offline Scott Girvin

April Meet
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2003, 04:59:48 pm »
Hey guys, I am definately in for the meet. I am in Whistler right now and I will be in Burnaby for the week until my car is done at L&R. Sounds like everyone has agreed to meet at Lougheed Mall on the 6th. There is no need to call me if this doesn't change. Whistler is pretty rockin' this weekend so I better go before I miss out on the fun! See ya....

Offline Scott Girvin

April Meet
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2003, 05:00:02 pm »
Hey guys, I am definately in for the meet. I am in Whistler right now and I will be in Burnaby for the week until my car is done at L&R. Sounds like everyone has agreed to meet at Lougheed Mall on the 6th. There is no need to call me if this doesn't change. Whistler is pretty rockin' this weekend so I better go before I miss out on the fun! See ya....

Offline Jay Drew

• http://members.shaw.ca/blackdsm/
April Meet
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2003, 05:34:14 pm »
i'm in too
3.45 @ 101.8mph

Offline Andrew Steele

April Meet
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2003, 06:04:38 pm »
Ok, so Jeff and I went to Lynn Valley today ...

What a sweet place!  The tour there isn't much ... down Hwy1, take the "Lynn Valley" offramp, follow Lynn Valley Rd all the way to "Peters Rd" (you can't miss it, got a big ass sign on the right-hand side saying "Lynn Valley Park --->".

Not sure where we'll park - there's lots of space, but depends on current attendants.  There's a main parking lot right at the entrance... but if you continue on down the access road, there's a lower parking which would probably better suit our needs.  

The chow-pit is nice ... covered picnic tables (sturdy too!) ... only a few stipulations, you CLEAN UP after yourselves.  No mess left behind.  No burquettes (sp?) or open fires.  Propane only.  Drugs and Alcohol are strictly prohibited.  There's public washrooms and a small diner right beside it, yes it takes Interac :)

The susp-bridge is super nice. After food and chat, those who wish to go on a walking tour of the place are more than welcome to... it's FREE!   Here's hoping the weather co-operates with us.  Should be a great meet.

I'll be bringing my table-top BBQ.  I'd suggest, that whatever you plan on eating - bring appropriate condiments and stuff.  I'll be bringing the basics along with perhaps some paper plates and plastic utensils.  But not enough to supply everyone ;)

Anyways, look forward to seein everyone there :)

-Andrew
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)

Ivan Skare

April Meet
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2003, 03:14:26 pm »
Count me in...if im not working (fingers crossed)

Offline Fred Cheng

April Meet
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2003, 02:36:36 pm »
Damn it, guys!  I've got Finals coming up... and being the deligent student that I am, I've left quite a bit of stuff till the end, so it's CRAMMING TIME for me this weekend... and the next... argh... I was hoping to come out and meet some of ya, but I guess I'll have to wait until the May meet.  I don't think I can even sneak out to meet some of you at Lougheed Mall this Sunday, as I'd hoped to do...   :oops:   :evil:

Ah, well... have fun, guys!  I checked the weather and it says that Saturday will be sunny, and showers roll in on Sunday... I hope it'll roll in AFTER your BBQ!  :)

Fred
FReddy] --- [TSi SPY]

--- [1996 TSi AWD] ---

Offline Ryan Clark

April Meet
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2003, 01:24:20 pm »
hrmm id love to come out. It would be nice to have my talon by then if not you can all make fun of me in my ricey 2nd gen teg
We took the trans out today, and the front diff broke apart and cracked the case. The front motor mount is also torn right off the subframe... can you say wheel hop?"

Offline Andrew Steele

April Meet
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2003, 03:45:41 pm »
Quote from: "Ryan Clark"
hrmm id love to come out. It would be nice to have my talon by then if not you can all make fun of me in my ricey 2nd gen teg

Look at the date, dood...

you missed it.  was last weekend.
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)