Author Topic: 6 bolt oil pump differences  (Read 274 times)

Offline Matt Park

6 bolt oil pump differences
« on: April 30, 2005, 07:01:47 pm »
Anyone know if there are any issues with swapping around any of the 6 bolt oil pumps from the different years (90-91-92)? Were the NT 6 bolt oil pumps different in any significant way? Are the JDM 6 bolt oil pumps different?

The reason I ask is because I'm doing a JDM 6 bolt swap and I damaged the front case from the JDM engine. I bought a used 6 bolt front case from frank and was going to swap the oil pump gears and what not from the JDM pump because they have less mileage. But when I pulled the pump covers off, I noticed some differences between the oil pumps. The JDM pump gears have straight teeth, like a dog box tranny gears would be, and the pump from the case frank gave me were spiral in shape, much like the gears in a regular transmission.  I also noticed a slight difference in in the design off the channel coming in from the oil pickup tube. It's such a small difference that I don't think it will have an effect on function, but I could be wrong. Other than that I don't see any other discrepancies.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?
97 GS-T